Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mechanic tells me the No.4 injector pulse is intermittent and probably needs the computer replaced

VZPete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina S/W
Hi guys
Hoping someone can help me. My VZ Lumina V6 Alloytec has a issue. It has a miss when it’s cold. I have replaced the coil packs and plugs to no avail. The mechanic I took it to tells me the injector pulse on No.4 cylinder is intermittent. He said it seems to be fine once it warms up (which it is) His suggestion was to take it to a dealer to get a better analysis, but he suspects that it probably needs the computer replaced.
I actually had the computer replaced by a dealer a couple of years ago and it was pretty expensive ($1k+).
Has anyone had a similar issue? I’m not that keen to have to replace the computer again.
Cheers Pete

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There are common earth issues with the injectors and coils.
There is a simple fix for it.
A shame your mechanic has jumped to replacing ECU straight away without doing proper diagnostic procedures.

VZPete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina S/W
There are common earth issues with the injectors and coils.
There is a simple fix for it.
A shame your mechanic has jumped to replacing ECU straight away without doing proper diagnostic procedures.

Thanks for the help Sludge & Fu Manchu!

Yeah it was a shame not getting better advise, but I’m in a pretty small town in country Victoria, so I’m pretty sure the mechanic isn’t really at the bleeding edge of electronic diagnostics.

Can you give me any more sdvise on what I should do to get it sorted myself?
I have had a lot of experience in electronics, but not in an automotive sense.
But I’m a ok mechanic, so if I can get a bit of direction on what I should be looking for that would be appreciated.

Thanks Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
try that mine did it on number 6 i wired it to number 5 worked fine then number 1 stuffed up so i wired it to number 2