Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mechanical sound 'enhancer' removal

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Thinking of getting rid of the mse piping.
Looks like crap and I am not convinced it does anything to make the car sound better.
Any ideas how to plug up the intake part where the rubber hose connects to ?
Also the hole in the firewall...

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Thinking of getting rid of the mse piping.
Looks like crap and I am not convinced it does anything to make the car sound better.
Any ideas how to plug up the intake part where the rubber hose connects to ?
Also the hole in the firewall...
Bunnings or Clark Rubber for bungs and/or caps which could be changed back when you change your mind or come to sell the car? Yes I'm a tight arse - of course you could spend a lot of money for "nice" bungs.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
You can buy a factory plate HSV use from spare parts. With the other side recommend replacing the bend from the TB to Maf with an aftermarket one like used on the Roto fab intake nice unit.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Why not just leave it ... you can turn it off using MyLink can’t you?

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Remove the plate that attaches to the firewall with the hose, secure it to something and go for a drive to see if you notice any change.

I used a rubber Gromit siliconed to the inside of the plate as suggest by harrop / youngs performance here in Perth when I fitted an Otr.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_5360.JPG
    IMG_5360.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,039

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Remove the plate that attaches to the firewall with the hose, secure it to something and go for a drive to see if you notice any change.

I used a rubber Gromit siliconed to the inside of the plate as suggest by harrop / youngs performance here in Perth when I fitted an Otr.

Mike
Looks neat. Thank you

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I bought the HSV plate for the firewall for mine, it was 18 months ago now so can't remember the price but it wasn't expensive. The part number is listed in one of the threads here, or on the HSV Forum.
I normally keep all that stuff but can't find it right now.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I blocked it off yesterday just to see the difference. I actually prefer the sound without mse. It got rid of that odd droney noise and i can enjoy the exhaust sound better. The engine also sounds quieter when cold. Lot less clattering etc...

I am not sure that the device actually in any way enhances the sound. I found that it just adds artificial sounding noise and i can do without it.

Will remove the whole setup on weekend.

I used a plug and duct tape to plug the connector on the intake before the throttle body and put back the rubber hose...so it is still all there...minus noise...

I suggest temporary blocking to see the difference before removing it alltogether...