Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Media's new plaything - Dog attacks

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I have a maltese shi-tzu (a white mop.) Cute, fluffy and adorable. However try to put on his winter jumper (I have him clipped and he shakes with the cold) or put on his walking harness and your will cop a bite from a angry dog. A while back he had a cut on his paw and the vet said to change the dressing daily - yer right! Soon as he saw me or my sons with the bandages he would start to snarl.

The next clipping/bath is going to be interesting with the groomer as he has nipped him twice when being picked up to be placed in the bathing area, last time he had to muzzle him first, but now he knows he is going to be muzzled I guess he will react.

He is placid and fun until you do something he doesn't like.

Next time I will buy a larger less agressive dog.

328FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Media thrives on hatred and despair. Time to turn off the tv.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
These laws scare me.

I have a staffy, its well trained but it doesnt like little dogs. We know this and dont let her off the leash where there may be a small yappy thing. A little over a year ago now, my dog was taken from me by the council because of a complaint. Walking my dog, small white mop comes up to line, no leash and i told the.owner to get it away. She laughed it off, again i warned her and the dog got closer. My dog started walking behind me and growling then she bit the mop on the tail. She madea big fuss and it was just a bit of fluff. I told the lady she was a ######## and went home.

Long story short, 2 weeks my dog was at the rspca under "dangerous dog" when my dog did absolutely nothing wrong.

When the council come got her they claimed it was a vicious pitbull... Yeah right. Theyve got no ####ing idea and its knee jerk at its finest.

Exactly. This is exactly what annoys me so much.

Some mop acts agressive towards someone or another dog and it's "cute" and everyone has a good laugh. But then you have a dog that actually looks like a dog display the exact same behaviour and all of a sudden its all a big fuss.

Double standards much?

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
I realise that it should be the owners responsibility when it comes to making sure the dog doesnt attack, but what we have to remember is that the rotties, pitbulls, ect were bred to kill. If these dogs are bred to attack pigs or whatever, what chance does a small kid have? IMO i dont care how these dogs are bought up, they will always have that instinct in them...

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Double standards! I've never seen a child rag dolled by a toy poodle, have you?

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Double standards! I've never seen a child rag dolled by a toy poodle, have you?

Nope, though I've never seen a child ragdolled by a Staffy, have you?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Grenan why wasn't your dog muzzled, what if it had gotten away from you?
And yes the woman in question was at parts fault but doesn't excuse your dogs actions.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's not the point I was making the point is the chance I'd it happening, as in the power of one animal compared to another a small adult may not stand a chance against a large dog so what would a child do?

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
It's not the point I was making the point is the chance I'd it happening, as in the power of one animal compared to another a small adult may not stand a chance against a large dog so what would a child do?

So you're point was BIG dogs are dangerous because they have the potential to inflict more damage IF something goes wrong?

And therefore people shouldn't have big dogs?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyways its pointless discussing this topic with large/agressive dog owners as they can't see the forest for the trees! Don't know why I bothered. Good luck with your issues.