Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Media's new plaything - Dog attacks

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
Who is leaving their small child with them? Young children are curious, they will pull, poke and touch everything. Any child should be monitored near ANY dog. Pull its ears, its going to turn around and tell you to #### off.

Dogs, the scapegoats for **** parents and **** owners.

i do agree with that, there are some ****ed up parents out there who don't realise until its too late.
in saying that, take away the problem, and we wouldnt have these fatalities

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
i do agree with that, there are some ****ed up parents out there who don't realise until its too late.
in saying that, take away the problem, and we wouldnt have these fatalities

Take away the **** parents? So now you're talking about killing off a good portion of the local communities, world wide...?

Or just "de-sex" them?

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
Ok.

Take away cars - no road toll.
Take away pools, oceans, bathtubs - no drownings.
Take away bridges and maybe people wont chuck themselves off them.

...you get my point.

Every single dog has the ability to attack and kill. Whats next? Cull every dog?

im not saying kill ALL dogs, even not necessarily vicious dogs, as they are part of the family to some people, the results of stricter laws would also be interesting, such as jail time. like pool laws, fences are by law to constructed before the pool is installed, that way kids cant get to the pool and drown. So possibly for the council to have a routine inspection on fences/enclosures for the breeds of dog that have a reputation of attacking, could have quite a big difference.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
im not saying kill ALL dogs, even not necessarily vicious dogs, as they are part of the family to some people, the results of stricter laws would also be interesting, such as jail time. like pool laws, fences are by law to constructed before the pool is installed, that way kids cant get to the pool and drown. So possibly for the council to have a routine inspection on fences/enclosures for the breeds of dog that have a reputation of attacking, could have quite a big difference.

The problem is the law itself and who is carrying it out. Its up to the council to determine from a visual inspection of what a dangerous dog is.

Staffy's are a placid dog, they love human contact they are very much a sook of a dog. However visually, they dont look that much different to pit bulls. If its up to some two bit council worker to determine the breed of a dog (when they came about my dog, they even called it a pit bull) youre going to have very angry people.

Im just lucky the people at the RSPCA arent as retarded as the council...

Some of our customers at work have dogs. The only dogs that I have a problem with, is the ####ing jack russel who bails me up and nips my leg as soon as i get out of the work ute.

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
The problem is the law itself and who is carrying it out. Its up to the council to determine from a visual inspection of what a dangerous dog is.

Staffy's are a placid dog, they love human contact they are very much a sook of a dog. However visually, they dont look that much different to pit bulls. If its up to some two bit council worker to determine the breed of a dog (when they came about my dog, they even called it a pit bull) youre going to have very angry people.

Im just lucky the people at the RSPCA arent as retarded as the council...

Some of our customers at work have dogs. The only dogs that I have a problem with, is the ####ing jack russel who bails me up and nips my leg as soon as i get out of the work ute.

yeah, hopefully they come up with a decent law and actually enforce it, its getting beyond a joke

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
spot on, so what chance does a small child have against them?

Wait... wtf? If he's spot on then we;re back to square one. Pitbulls are not designer to kill people, v8's are not designed to kill people but both should be banned since both have the potential to kill people.

While we're at it... electricity in your house... GONE, Bathtubs? Forget about it GONE! Alcohol... well it's a poison so DEFINATELY gone.

See my point? Blanket "solutions" are ridiculous and you end up with more victims of the blanket solutions that the amount of victims the blanket solution was trying to prevent.

The solution is not banning a breed, or muzzling every dog, etc.

The solution is having process and laws around WHO is allowed these animals.

You're a drop ****, dumb **** dole bludger with a history of drug use and other crimes who wants a pitbull? Not going to happen.

You're a responsible adult with the right attitude, a house that can accomodate a large animal and have evidence to supposrt your claim you can look after and love the animal? Go for your life, get a pitbull.

The cause of all these issue are people and therefore people should be held accountable. NOT the animals who don't get to choose who their owner is or how they are treated.

Like seriously, on one hand you've got people crying foul over racial/ethnic discrimination etc while on the other they want to destory animals based on their breed.

At the same time you've got people crying over some frog in the arse end of nowhere going extinct even though touching the frog can kill a humans while on the other hand you've got people petitioning to have a species of dog made extinct.

As I said, the key thing is that it's not the animals that are the issue, it's the humans and this is the case with pretty much everything. So considering pretty much every #### up in history has been because of HUMANS, I recon it's a tad rich for us to be dictating what animals deserve to live and which don't.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
I'd like to weigh in my two cents. I come from a very small country town originally (400 people) and most people in the town own dogs,
and because it's a farming community they are almost all working dogs (except my parents pomeranian jack russell cross) there are Kelpies
and Koolies, blue and red heelers everywhere.

Lo and behold, none of them are aggressive in the least, because of proper training and exercise.
And because everybody has been bought up with dogs that have the capability to mess up any animal they know how to act, the first thing
my dad told me when we walked passed a Koolie "never go up to a strangers dog unless you ask, and always put your hand out so they can smell you"
it really is more about training people about dogs.

With that being said if you buy a dog because you think it will make you look tough (huge problem in the next town over) you won't care enough
about the dog to give it proper training and teach it what it isn't allowed to do.

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
the problem with making laws is that the next day there is a black market, qualifiing for a type of dog breed ownership could never be policed, like all things that can be nasty, people that want it will always find a way, and there will always be a supplier.
it most always comes down to the owners, parents, drivers, shooters etc etc, cars dont kill its the driver, guns dont kill its the shooter, dogs have a mind of their own, however the owners teachings, diciplines, ect comes into play. Parents and i am one of them, i have always had either a bull terrier or german sheperd, never ever left the kids with the dogs while either myself or wife was not present with them, until kids were old enough to understand its not your toy to play with, the kids have to be taught and MUST understand a certain repect for domestic animals, or for certain it will turn ugly