Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

meguiars NXT tech wax

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Wondering something, how long do people leave this on the car before buffing off?

Also is it normal for it to stay streaky after buffing off??

I've never used this stuff, and after this application i am defiantly going back to using my standard products.

Daza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Assuming you have shaken it well before applying each time about 15 mins is ample for it to dry. I get a fairly good result with tech wax liquid by being frugal with it's application. When applied thickly it takes a lot of polishing to remove. If it's streaky you may have an uneven coat. A quick wipe down with wax and grease remover should get rid of the streaks and have it ready for another coat, providing the streaks wernt there in the first place. It's pretty good at masking very fine scratches but doesnt really give a deep gloss.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The product is ****, it is cloudy, leaves no gloss etc. I will stay with zaino and poorboys. For me meguiars is overrated and overpriced crap :)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I just tried Nxt Tech.. It's good stuff..

The paste is anyway. Very easy to buff off..

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
From my experience, NXT Tech is awsome. You can leave it to dry as long as you want really (provided car is not in the sun) but give it at least 10 minutes.

It sounds to me like you're using too much. If you apply it evenly and thinly, it buffs off easily and streak-free. I've found it does leave a deep gloss which lasts a while. At first, I accidently got some on my windows and I found it buffed off real easy and with no streaks - so now I occasionally do my windows with it, with great results!

Are you using a good, clean microfibre or towel cloth? That's pretty important in achieving good results without too much elbow grease. I use a towel cloth for the initial buff and a microfibre cloth for the final buff/wipe.

I spose there's a lot of variables such as the condition of your paint and your technique, but I suggest you go to the Meguiars forum for handy hints and how-to's. I find it very informative.

Happy waxing! :wax:

^^^EDIT^^^
Just another thought. Don't forget, this may not be the right type of product for your car. If your paint is weathered or neglected, it may have needed a polish rather than a wax...

Daza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Im not arguing with you minux, it is not all it's cracked up to be. It's one of the better ones for a off the shelf in any store. I allways go back to Autoglym super resin polish it's easy to put on, can be found easly and gives a very nice gloss for the money. Zano and Poorboys are good gear but unless you buy the absolute cheapest rubbish the finish you will get is mostly relatied to the way it's applied.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
minux said:
I wish i could post the difference between using meguairs applied the same way as i apply any other product. It was so darn cloudy.

davy, my car is far from needing a polish... if you check herre you will see what i mean.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=20276&d=1150236831

what are you using to apply and remove the stuff? I've always used Meguiars and have no reason to change. Never tried the NXT wax though.

A word of advice for anyone with a dark coloured car... I use Meguiars 'Deep crystal polish', followed by Meguiars 'wet look polymer sealant' to minimise swirl marks and after this stuff the surface feels smoother than glass. Finish with either Meguiars 'Deep crystal carnbauba wax" or Gold Class wax. It's endless hours of work but comes up a treat every time.

bobski1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6
I would not recommend the NXT gen tech waxes to anyone without a buffing machine. The first time I used it I was polishing off the wax by hand and found it extremly difficult to remove. I let it dry for about 15 minutes but when I went to polish it off I released the stuff is not as easy to use as it says on the bottle. Had to crack out the buffer to remove it without leaving streaks.

I still use it though as it does last a while. However, it does not give the paint that rich deep look that a caranuba wax does. So I normally let the tech wax cure for a day then layer some caranuba wax over it.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I have a mate who has recently waxed his car with this stuff and his car looks pretty shiny, probably not much better then the previous Meguiars wax he was using. I have noticed now that Turtle Wax that comes in the paste form in a big green container, it is the Cronumba Wax (however you spell that) I might try that next time my car needs waxing.