Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(Melb) Recommendations for scrape/dent/gutter rash repair

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Hi everyone,
I'm about to sell my MY12 VE SV6 to make room for my upcoming Motorsport Edition. After 5 years I've accumulated some paint chips, scrapes, one minor dent on the lower front bumper and some gutter rash. Given my car is otherwise in great condition and low km's I believe its worth my while to get these fixed so I can sell it at a higher price. As per the title, does anyone have a recommendation for someone who can fix all of the above at a reasonable price? Google gives me lots of options but I wanted to see if anyone knew someone good or had a good experience themselves. Thanks for your time in advance!

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
What area are we looking at?
eg western suburbs, northern, eastern etc.
might help narrow it down a bit.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Well, a place I would suggest isn't near you so that puts that out of the equation haha.
Cant remember where Hi Ryder from on here works, but that would be my second suggestion, although once again a bit further than you might like.

ALCMCQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
These blokes are the best when is comes to alloy wheel repairs (from experience). They repair and colour match perfectly but not the cheapest.

Advanced Alloy Wheel Repairs
3 Nellbern Rd, Moorabbin VIC 3189
Phone: (03) 9555 1333
http://www.advancedalloys.com.au/

Most panel shops to do touch ups however I prefer a car that presents like a used car - I doubt it would make a big difference to the sale value (not more than the touch ups at least).

This bloke is good and very meticulous and has a lot of high end vehicles - he fixed a side skirt on a Lancer I once had and it came up perfect (was white so easy to match). Seems to know his plastics and how they react to repair (i.e warping and cracking). Sold the car some months after but it still looked perfect.

Pro Shine Automotive Refinishing
263 Governor Rd, Braeside VIC 3195
(03) 9587 4403

All the best with the new car and selling the VE - I'm sure it will get snapped up.

Last edited:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
... second Advanced Alloy Repairs in Moorabbin
not cheap but do the best job