Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Melbourne Crime

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Yea the amount of crimes that make the news with the words "was out on bail" in it seems excessively high. Interesting that you say there is probably more happening than is making the media, I was wondering if it was the media blowing it out of proportion. It's been years since I been to Melbourne (like 10+) but these articles and incidents appearing in the media is not making me want to visit any time soon. Which is a shame because it has so much to offer culturally, plus your car scene is thriving it seems.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
sudos regularly steal things in Morwell the other day my neighbour chased 1 off that was trying to knock off things out of my truck I'm a poorper and have bugger all of any value in my truck didn't stop the thieve from looking thou. We need to start deporting them if the kid is under 18 deport its mother father and the rest of the family they have no respect for us or our way of life.
Good on our pos goverment for bringing them here. As for all these people that like them I bet they don't live anywhere near them

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
To my way of thinking this is an isolated incident, however.

You need to look at real crime statistics to notice trends in the types of offences and how often they occur. There's an old saying if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to witness it does it make a sound. The same can be said of the current digital age where instead of the 6 o'clock news and the morning paper we have a constant barrage of noise from social media and 24*7 news media cycles. Police run Facebook feeds reporting so much stuff that in the past would have been un-noticed or even un-reported. Now you have to ask yourself going back to my earlier point - do the statistics on crime actually bear out with the general sentiment that "crime is out of control" or "it wasn't like this in the old days" my suspicion is that it isn't until someone proves otherwise.

To use a car analogy is it "seat of the pants" or did someone pop it up on the dyno and see some actual gains. :)

I'm thinking it's all noise, tbh if anything I'd say more noise - less crimes.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Yea that makes sense mpower. 10-20 years ago police would throw you in the back, give you a lecture and take you home. Wouldn't make the news. However they probably weren't stealing cars, robbing jewelry stores on a Saturday arvo at gunpoint and having mass theft at big events. Hard to tell, that's why I created this thread, to ask actual Melbornian's their thoughts/experiences instead of listening the the noise of the media.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yea that makes sense mpower. 10-20 years ago police would throw you in the back, give you a lecture and take you home. Wouldn't make the news. However they probably weren't stealing cars, robbing jewelry stores on a Saturday arvo at gunpoint and having mass theft at big events. Hard to tell, that's why I created this thread, to ask actual Melbornian's their thoughts/experiences instead of listening the the noise of the media.

If you want a window into what crime and law enforcement was like in the "good old days" have a look into the life of crime identities like Mark "Chopper" Read. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_"Chopper"_Read - this is the hardcore stuff people used to get into out of the eyes of the public.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
I believe theres a whole lot more happening thats not being posted on the media.

on one episode of ACA (i think it was) they were saying how the gangs would place bets via facebook on which gang could steal the most expensive car that night.

these scum c**ts have nothing to lose. they ram expensive cars while driving, then once the driver gets out to inspect the damage, 6 blackies jump out with bats, beat the **** out of the driver, make him give them his passwords on his phone and steal his personal belongings and take off in his car.

and if by chance they do get locked up, these left wing feminazis step in saying its not their fault, its the environment they originally grew up and its the people with the expensive cars fault for some fkd up reason only a fk tard left wing person can come up with

it was like some blacky was driving a BMW M3 or something for 2-3

weeks. TWO WEEKS! he was doing fuel runners, and not one cop saw him in 2 weeks?

personally id love to see their parents punished, lock both mum and dad up and send their rat kids back to their **** hole country to get aids or some ****.
It's radical far left and extreme far right insane degenerate criminals who are the power behind the pushing the Political Correct ideology as both these radicals are just monumental con-artist who only work to fool the majority with all there cunning workings just to delude people, not to mention they do it using your tax money to spend millions a year on spin doctors. they are in fact both the same type of degenerate people but only with different objectives that all work to lead others astray.

Political Correctness was in fact used by the Nazi's and the Communist as a fantastic way of controlling the people, true Freedom of Speech comes under attack directly and they work to replaced with a cunning constructed deluded PC type, where you become an enemy of the State if you don't follow your radicals leadership. oh by the way it starts off sounding all goody goody but this type of power gets out of control and leads to total corruption and madness where the rules can change just by the party leadership whim at the time and do a 180deg about turn on any subject in a year or two by feeding BS by the media and the people will swallow it.
Political Correctness cunningly works to cause chaos and this chaos is done to so they can work to help them cunningly change laws so as to give them deranged man men more power to dominate over us the people.

That's why we see all the madness of all the crap going on around us nowadays, it's been planed. cops can be faced with the madness day in day out of all the BS and look back thinking what the f ing hell am I doing here being treated like a criminal and the criminals let to run loose and some of them are happy to get back in jail. rehab works

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Catch them and send them back.

Simple as that. Threats of deportation for violence and crimes should be enforced if they are immigrants or refugees.
If australian born/citizen/perm resident, then normal process of jail time

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
So on the radio earlier they were saying about 18 youth that are at barwon prison went on yet another riot, apparently trying to smash cameras and what not.
Wouldn't it be great if the whole prison was put in lockdown, only to tell the "adult" prisoners the reason behind it, which cameras are now not working and when the guards will not be in that area for specific times.
Don't think that those arrogant youths would do it again afterwards after they get "mentored" by their elders.

I'm not condoning violence, but it appears no other way is going to solve their behaviour if they wont/cant deport them. Just look back at what used to happen many years ago which straightened people out.

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
It's radical far left and extreme far right insane degenerate criminals who are the power behind the pushing the Political Correct ideology as both these radicals are just monumental con-artist who only work to fool the majority with all there cunning workings just to delude people, not to mention they do it using your tax money to spend millions a year on spin doctors. they are in fact both the same type of degenerate people but only with different objectives that all work to lead others astray.

Political Correctness was in fact used by the Nazi's and the Communist as a fantastic way of controlling the people, true Freedom of Speech comes under attack directly and they work to replaced with a cunning constructed deluded PC type, where you become an enemy of the State if you don't follow your radicals leadership. oh by the way it starts off sounding all goody goody but this type of power gets out of control and leads to total corruption and madness where the rules can change just by the party leadership whim at the time and do a 180deg about turn on any subject in a year or two by feeding BS by the media and the people will swallow it.
Political Correctness cunningly works to cause chaos and this chaos is done to so they can work to help them cunningly change laws so as to give them deranged man men more power to dominate over us the people.

That's why we see all the madness of all the crap going on around us nowadays, it's been planed. cops can be faced with the madness day in day out of all the BS and look back thinking what the f ing hell am I doing here being treated like a criminal and the criminals let to run loose and some of them are happy to get back in jail. rehab works

Double helping of Godwins Law I see.....

Looking at the stats persons of African descent aren't really anymore likely to commit crime than anyone else on a per capita basis. Of course there are gangs of youths but news stories of the other 98% of African Australians leading decent constructive lives doesn't make for interesting news stories.

That being said if you are a non-citizen convicted of a serious crime (i.e. prison sentence), upon your release from prison you should be deported back to wherever you came from (if possible).

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Revoking Visa's & citizenship for anyone convicted of a serious crime would be a good start to reducing crime in general.