Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Melbourne Paint Shops

Ballzup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 1984
Hi All,

I'm about to get my VH (Blue over silver) resprayed. Going back to metal all over including engine bay etc. Needs some minor body work including three small rust patches (boot and 2 under the front windscreen)

Seeking paint shop recommendations from people that have had great experiences. Preferable south and eastern suburbs of Melbourne but happy to look at western suburbs if the quality of the work is right.

So far I've seen:
Aim Solutions in Moorabbin. Quoted $20-$30k. Run by Volvo enthusiasts but they will work on anything.
PJ's Panels in Dandenong but I didn't like the look of their workshop.

This weekend I'm seeing Creative Custom Cars in Dromana (who on the phone seem to really know their stuff) and Elite Body Works in Pakenham who have recently come under new management. Might also go to JC's Classic Car Restorations in Mt Evelyn if I find time.

Has anyone had experience with any of these places? Or have you got suggestions of places to go or places to avoid?

Thanks in advance

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Been to body image prestige on highbury rd burwood, for panel work and the paint has always been great. Owner is Chris

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Harvey body works in Mitcham also do great work. Owner has a 10 second FC....

Ballzup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 1984
Harvey body works in Mitcham also do great work. Owner has a 10 second FC....

Cheers. They don't seem to have any online presence. Difficult to get an indication of their work without physically going there. Might pop in to see what their workshop is like.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yeah they don't owner is an old school guy and don't think he's great with computers. Pop down and have a chat, explain to them what you want and go from there. More to the point to this with any shop and go with the one thats willing to put in the extra time and effort. Another shop to look at is Temple Body Works in Rowville, just had some paint done on my HQ and they did a really good job on it.
Their website appaears down atm but their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TempleBodyWorks/
Dave's personal car (Harvey) for reference
10635861_766579033401893_4243001565385040322_n.jpg

Ballzup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 1984
Another shop to look at is Temple Body Works in Rowville,

Awesome. thanks again. Always great to get reviews from people that have had real experience with the shop. Really appreciate your input.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
No dramas mate, if you end up going to Temple tell them Grant with the green HQ sent you. They'll know who you're referring to haha.

vkcala

Reaction score
Members Ride
searching for vk
How did you go with this mate? Um looking to start the same thing with my vk

Ballzup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 1984
Hey.

Ended up going with a place called Accident Repair Centre McKinnon (who are actually in Cheltenham). They have a pretty average website if you google them. The guy that runs it (Lou) is a really friendly and down to earth bloke.

A bloke in my brothers Mercedes club has just had some 60's Merc done there and was really happy with the job so that was the deciding factor in picking this mob.

My car has been there for a few months and there's been some good progress. Since it's not a restoration place they tend to prioritise the smash repair jobs so indicated about 6 months for the job to be done. I was fine with that. Quote was $28k. Not the cheapest but way off the most expensive.

Last edited: