Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Melbourne Rain.

timmo

Reaction score
Walking to Caulfield station this morning, and, under the train line bridge (Queens Ave) was about a car depth minus 6 inchs of water.

How could I tell the depth...? The 6 inches of Toyota Camry that was just visible in the middle of the pond...

Guess we had a bit of rain last night....

I asked the copper directing traffic if the guy had actually tried to get across, and he just smiled...

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i drove through hawthorn yesterday arvo at 6pm or so when it was bucketing down! what a rainstorm i was upto the floorpan in floodwater... everyone was pulled over but i was having a ball

that is serious fun as long as you avoid ingesting water into your engine! i managed to bring up a fault code at one point while pushing my way through water at 5 km/h on full throttle..

timmo

Reaction score
I remember aquaplaning down warrigal road about 10 years ago in a Camira when my old man called and asked me to get my ass down to his factory in Morabbin - the roof had blown off the building!

He had to take cover under his desk as the wall mounted airconditioner flew across the room...

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
hmmm aquaplaining so much fun NOT i once was doing about 180kmh down a back road on the way home from a mates place when all of a sudden the road turned wet and i saw a huge puddle hit the brakes but alas she just spun around a few times and stopped facing the right direction on the wrong side of the road scared the crap out of me

this was in melbourne just off the the dandenonong frankston road heading toward seaford way name of road eludes me now but is prone to flooding as i found out the hard way

D

death-from-above

I think your talking about greens road, i was turning from greens onto dandy-frankston road one day and had to get through almost a foot and a half of water, i was just hoping that the water wasnt going to get into the airbox, the guys around me had a good time watching tho, It was just like going swimming, the bald tyres struggles for grip under there

Speaking of big puddles, i was driving down warrigal road the other morning and saw a cop car parked with its lights on blocking off a turning lane because it was covered with 2 feet of water, the cop inside sure didnt look like he wanted to be there (prob ran out of donuts )

holdenlover

Reaction score
You want to see what aquaplaning did to me in 1996.
Brisbane - Mt gravatt.
I clipped a metal guard rail and landed in that kinda river (it was then) (Pic 2)
and found myself up to my chest in water with the bum of the car up and the nose touching bottom.

You see the brake and accelerator pedals in the photo, how they are all bent out of shape? Well that’s the wheel behind them. Kinda busted my food up a bit.

Not a lot of fun.

Pic 1.

holdenlover

Reaction score
Pic 2.

holdenlover

Reaction score
Pic 3.

holdenlover

Reaction score
Pic 4.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Just thought I'd show you Mt Isa in qld's North west, these where taken this last week. This happens every year. Lucky the new bridge stays about a metre above the water.

This was their main bridge for quite a while...see the footpath....I used to drive with two wheels along that in my old SS HQ. Mind you the cop shop is about 400 mts behind the person taking the photo.