Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Melted fuse rail :( ... Has any1 found another holden rail that will fit ?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
How melted is melted? Like the whole thing or just the high beam fuse, cos the high beam fuse always melts on those boxes. I think someone on here, girlwiththevl got a new fuse rail for hers, but I could be wrong

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
How melted is melted? Like the whole thing or just the high beam fuse, cos the high beam fuse always melts on those boxes. I think someone on here, girlwiththevl got a new fuse rail for hers, but I could be wrong

Yeah headlight and high beam n the fool how owned it before me had piggy backed it to the horn and so when I went to high beam it mildly cut out n the horn went silly .. Which is when I got suss and knew something was certainly not right .

I'm going to search wreckers n so forth but yeah was wondering if any has modified with vk -vt or anything like that ?
But they are prob all way to different :(

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Yeah headlight and high beam n the fool how owned it before me had piggy backed it to the horn and so when I went to high beam it mildly cut out n the horn went silly .. Which is when I got suss and knew something was certainly not right .

I'm going to search wreckers n so forth but yeah was wondering if any has modified with vk -vt or anything like that ?
But they are prob all way to different :(

Mine has a fusable link to bypass the melted high beam fuse but that's as far as my knowlege goes, I'm not sure about modding anything else to fit, sorry man

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Melted fuse is usually high beam, usually because someone fitted to higher rated globes.

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Mine has a fusable link to bypass the melted high beam fuse but that's as far as my knowlege goes, I'm not sure about modding anything else to fit, sorry man

all good :D thank you anyway :beer chug:

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Melted fuse is usually high beam, usually because someone fitted to higher rated globes.

really ? well that i wasnt aware of :eek:

which means if i just get a new rail then it will happen again :( oh crap .

i just installed new headlights and the globes using the good ONES .. not sure the wattage rating tho ..

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
really ? well that i wasnt aware of :eek:

which means if i just get a new rail then it will happen again :( oh crap .

i just installed new headlights and the globes using the good ONES .. not sure the wattage rating tho ..

I'm pretty sure you can fit a new rail, but still bypass that fuse with a fusable link, so you keep the fusebox looking nice and clean, and it won't melt it, as long as you make sure you put the right size fuse in your link lol

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
The wife's old 304 VL managed to melt a couple of fan (air con) fuses, especially when run on number 4 the highest fan speed.

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
The wife's old 304 VL managed to melt a couple of fan (air con) fuses, especially when run on number 4 the highest fan speed.

My fan doesn't even turn on .. ive never shaken my head so much at the stupidity or laziness of some people . :(

Maybe its another thing in the fuse rail i didnt see .. ill check it tomorrow for sure