Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MEMCAL Holden V6 VR VS VT 155+ kws?????

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
probably not for everyone, but I just didnt have the cash to spend. So worth a try.....

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
"These memcals may not be suitable for engines where internal modifications have been made. Please contact the seller before purchasing."

I've got a feeling this guy just dumps the same image onto all his memcals if he can't modify it to allow for internal mods. Dr Bob can, for my chip l'm getting the VATS programmed out so l can run a map sensor instead of the maf.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Yeah that's all it is. he's just got the ome program and loads it to every chip

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
well im gonna get 1 nxt week tell ya how it goes much cheaper plus u get ur $80 bak wen u send ur old memcal in i read his feed back sum1 rekons they got 50kms further with it in

mal62

VR Going Wild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5 Speed Wagon & VS Auto Wagon & 98 VS Statesman
i actually got one off this guy and he also reprogrammed it also from an auto to a manual and have had no problems at all and heaps more grunt

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
The thing is if you can afford a before and after dyno, you should get a custom mapped chip prepared on the dyno for a few hundred more. Then the map is near 'perfect'.

izedso

It's not a family wagon!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Acclaim Wagon
Descision already made,

Have contacted Dr Bob, will organize for a chip to be done in next few weeks (damn monthly pay).
Have baseline dyno sheet, so will drag this thread back up in about a month and let you all know the exact gains.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I got an email today telling me the chip has been posted. Hopefully get it before the end of the week and will fit it on the weekend. Will let you know if fuel usage changes by late next week.