Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MEMCAL Holden V6 VR VS VT 155+ kws?????

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
dont trust them, i think they are the ones that trick ur computer into drinking more petrol. if u want a reprogrammed memcal see dr bob he is the expert on memcals.

izedso

It's not a family wagon!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Acclaim Wagon
SaGe said:
dont trust them, i think they are the ones that trick ur computer into drinking more petrol. if u want a reprogrammed memcal see dr bob he is the expert on memcals.

Who is this Dr Bob? I looked in members list coulnt see him. Seen his name mentioned heaps on this forum all good.

Dr Bob!!! I Need your help!!

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
I know this isnt 'ideal', but I bought an $80 memcal off ebay

fuel economy i couldnt say for sure but I think its better, and definantly more power particularly down low. I was happy...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
when they provide 3 or more pages worth of reading just to convince you that you want their product, you should already know its not worth it.

izedso

It's not a family wagon!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Acclaim Wagon
Hmmmmm, conflicting!:whistling
I emailed the guy, hoping to visit him on weekend and "test run" :driving: for a week.
I had the car dyno'd bout 3 weeks ago, so I have a baseline to work from.
He also says that they have a cheaper unit avail (maybe this what you got bradcad)

But if it is just a standard Holden Delco unit, it shouldn't be too hard to reprogram with the right gear.

Either that or I need to get in contact with Dr Bob.:bow:

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
The thing is guys, each and every one of us could have a completely different mod. Thats why these plug and play chips simply don't work well. Dr Bob on the other hand takes into consideration everything you've done to your car and produces a chip tailored to your car. One of my chips is actually getting done by him now, can't wait to get it back!!!

Heres his member id, pm him and tell him l sent ya...
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/member.php?u=2455

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I think I might get one too. I keep a record of my fuel usage so I will let everyone know if they really do improve fuel, they claim a "conservative estimate is a gain of about 8% using standard fuel" with a "conservative estimate is 50kms extra to the tank" . Will order one now.