Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal programming problem

GeorgeM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Version .98D5 and I also found a newer version .98D12 but there was no difference. I have 2 of the Willem's and neither will do it and also tried a new parallel cable as well as changing port bios setting in computer from EPS to EPP to Standard with no luck. Have an extra 27C512 chip from an old PC motherboard that I've tried as well. Did try a newer Win10 pc but couldn't get the correct port address for it to communicate. I also tried it on USB power as well as 12v ac but no luck. i'm starting to think buggered chips or buggered Willems.

stoney1only2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU S pack 2002
@delcowizzid how much would you charge for a tune on a L67 VU ute with manual setup, just converting it to manual but I need a chip, I have the L67 ecu and VU v6 ecu, so whatever works best i can supply? I didn’t know how to private message you

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Messaged you

GeorgeM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Just an update.
The TL866 arrived yesterday and worked well. Only issue was it told me the chip ID was incorrect for the 67633 chip but disabling the check ID got the programing done. Just got to see if it will run without the body computer and alarm connected as it is a race car.

GeorgeM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
I have the car running but my question now is there any changes needed to the Memcal to run it without an Oxy sensor and without the Knock sensor. The motor is fitted into an off road car so there is no requirement to meet any emission test. Haven't got to a dyno as yet but it seems to sign off around 4000 rpm with little top end power.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
You can turn off the error codes for the 02s as for the knock sensors I would leave them turned on you can desensitize them in the tune but they are good should you suck air or have the fuel pump start dieing or if you get it a bit hot .are you logging data from the ecu and seeing a lot of knock or nah

Last edited:

GeorgeM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
I'll go through TunerPro and have a look at the setting for the O2. My main concern without O2 was the ECU would not revert to the fuel map base setting and go into some strange limp mode.
As far as data loging I don't think I have the gear to do it. Any changes so far have been to remove memcal , make changes and put it back in and try.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Just need an aldl cable to plug into the diagnostic socket then can log all the sensors with tunerpro

GeorgeM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
I'll have to check on the car to see if it still has the ALDL port as the loom has been cut down to a bare minimum. With a EEprom fitted can the tune be changed through the ALDA port with TunerPro? I'll check out that post.
Thanks.