Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hellbillybmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
hey im planning on putting the t5 manual hooked upto my buick in my vn into my supercharged ecotec vs wagon wat needs 2 be done wit memcals will it just work wit the memcal in the ecu for the eco or will i have 2 change it? if so will the memcal outta my vn work in the ecu for the supercharged ecotec or will i have 2 find a new memcal if so wat kind will work perfect in the new setup im doin?

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
It should work fine.. Just make sure you bridge the inhibitor switch otherwise it wont start. Dont thing anything needs to be done to the memcal or no need to change the memcal..

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
............................................. deleted

Last edited:

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
hey im planning on putting the t5 manual hooked upto my buick in my vn into my supercharged ecotec vs wagon wat needs 2 be done wit memcals will it just work wit the memcal in the ecu for the eco or will i have 2 change it? if so will the memcal outta my vn work in the ecu for the supercharged ecotec or will i have 2 find a new memcal if so wat kind will work perfect in the new setup im doin?

the VS is currently auto or manual? (if manual t5 or getrag?)

If auto the memcal will need the trans fault codes disabled (if not done it'll go into lhm and run rich, lack performance and economy)
the vss is different and will feed the wrong signal to the ecu, flywheel from the VN will be wrong and need to be rebalanced to suit the ecotec.

If it's currently manual and has a getrag gearbox the ecu tune will be wrong for the t5 aswell. The VN memcal is not compatible with a sc ecotec either, clutch mechanism will be different also as 1 is hydraulic the other is cable driven.

Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong about this next bit, from what i've read the t5 is not strong enough to put behind a sc v6, it'll break.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
the VS is currently auto or manual? (if manual t5 or getrag?)

If auto the memcal will need the trans fault codes disabled (if not done it'll go into lhm and run rich, lack performance and economy)
the vss is different and will feed the wrong signal to the ecu, flywheel from the VN will be wrong and need to be rebalanced to suit the ecotec.

If it's currently manual and has a getrag gearbox the ecu tune will be wrong for the t5 aswell. The VN memcal is not compatible with a sc ecotec either, clutch mechanism will be different also as 1 is hydraulic the other is cable driven.

Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong about this next bit, from what i've read the t5 is not strong enough to put behind a sc v6, it'll break.

From my understanding, the PCM's particularily used on the s/c VS models are have all components neccessary to read a hall effect (T5) & reluctor style (Auto/Getrag) speed sensors, but it would require a couple of wiring changes at the PCM and a modified tune to work correctly. (see here Kalmaker Forums • View topic - T5 VSS)

Also, im running a T5 behind a sc v6, it's been fine running behind it for over a year, i dont give it any easy time, engine is out atm, I plan on putting the same box back on just with a freshen up as it was from a 300k VN