Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal socket install

stewartp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Man
Yep, prom is round the right way, have tried moded files plus a copy of my oringinal prom. still the same. Am in the middle of trying something else. Will let you know. Cheers.

stewartp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Man
Done, All fixed. Was the double stack in tuner pro. Man does it move :) F@#$ ME.
Thanx for all your help.

H

hypovnv6

hey

hey people iv been reading all this and im very interested in one can ne one make me up one 4 my vn v6 ill give you my old one and pay you say $100 or how ever much?

krawczuk

Reaction score
stewartp said:
Please help! I have got my self an eprom programer and have made up the chip discribed hear earlier. Following all the info which has been posted (thanks guys, good job) I cant seem to get my VN out of limp home mode!. I have even tried making a copy of my original chip and using that and still with the same results. Have checked all pins in memcal. All connected. I am using though a 27C256 inplace of the 27C128 but Burning with an offset (and without) and still no go. Any ideas please I am going insane!!!!!!. My ECU is fine, I have put the original Chip back in which runs fine. When I mention limp home mode, My CEL is staying on, my Engine fan starts up and when I start the motor it idles around 1400RPM running rich. Please help!
Cheers,

hi, to use a 256 in place of 128 u have to put the bin in the top 16 k of the 256 eprom.
remember there are 1024 bytes in 1k , so 16 k is 16384 bytes ($4000 bytes ).
also keep in mind that offsets are zero based, meaning the upper 16k starts at $0000 and ends at $3fff, the upper 16k starts at $4000 and ends at $7fff.
or u could stack the bins when burning the eprom.

mark k

H

HQ_Statesman

:( I want a free ECU, Wouldnt help my car much though, Might block the carbie or something. Dammit I should have bought that damn VS

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
That is quite cheap for a machine post socket. You realise he is selling 84 in one lot?

Mike

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
michaelw said:
That is quite cheap for a machine post socket. You realise he is selling 84 in one lot?

Mike

No, I didn't read That! In that case, It would almost be worth buying them to be distributed with the chips! I've got too much on to handle that at the moment though. I feel like a real idiot!!:hit: :hit: :hit:

krawczuk

Reaction score
greenfoam said:
The Auto and Manual's share the same ECU and Memcals on the VN, there is no difference at all, Only once you get to the VR with it's computer controlled gearbox does that change

the memcals are differant, the vr has a `512 eprom and teh vn has a `138 eprom.
mark k