Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal socket install

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
hi all i got a gq-4x usb programmer and 2 blank 27c256 chips and i did a burn today it seems to work but wheve the burnt chip in the fans stay on the holl time and the eng check light stay on so i must of ****ed up?
my car is a s1v6 calais i am new to this and i tryed greenfoam's FOAM_RACING_VNS1_bolt_ons_256k and i was hoping some one can help me ? was the burn speed rong was i not ment to do a double write and am i ment you do the burn wive protuner some how please help i have read every think in this and im willing to try any thing new and im trying to make me vn go a bit better

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
FOAM_RACING_VNS1_bolt_ons_256k was a very early incarnation probably not the best tune to use it works but the man himself said it was made back in the day when we were all learning.it should run though maybe your memcal socketing job is not done properly makes the fans come on and the check engine light ide suggest re heating every pin again then test each one with a multimeter set on ohms

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
ok i will give that a go and i reinstall the origanal chip back in and that works good but when i install the burnt one no good m ok i will do the test just in cace and and is there a better tune that you now of for a s1vn v6 ? and or wots the best program to make or chang the chip eg protuner ? and sorry for the bad spelling
my vn only has a 2.5 inch exhaust and hiflow cat and a good intake and im hopping to make it go better power

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
slap the ARBP tune in it will go better

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
ok sorry if this seems silly but do you mean this one {Arbp 5D.bin} and can i just burn it to the chip or do i need to stack it ? and i cant remember wot page i got that file from but i got that one an 3 athers and i will wate till i now if i have to stack it and that i have got the right one and i see you like all the old medcells ? i got 2 vn ones and 1 vs one i dont need and i can send them to you for free if you like for helping me has long has i get this one working but if i can i can still send you 1 vn and 1 vs medcell for free . up to you man i just think its better to send to some one that can yous it and not the bin

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if you are using a 27c256 youll need to stack the ARBP so there is 2 tunes on one chip .click on bin stacker/splitter in tunerpro select stack chip size 32 bin size 16 block size 16 load the ARBP twice down the bottom select a new name in the other box where its gonna save and click stack then burn it to the chip.everyone loves free memcals ill take them if you are going to throw them out

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
ok no probs man if you can sent me a mp or email wive your address i will send them to you for free thank you for your help and i dont mind i can get more medcells lol so i wont miss the 2 vn and 1 vs one
and i will ee how i go

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
ok i did the burn and tested it in the spear vn and it worked ya and has it got a rev lmit ? cos it went past 7 on the tack o
and has it got a speed limiter ? and thank you for your help i will send you my old memcals when i now were to send them

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
a stock arbp has a rev limiter under 6000 so shouldnt go that high if it hasnt been messed with

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
ok m i dont mind i got a spear motor and i will send them to you next week and thank you so much now i can go get a cam and some flat top pistons and so on