Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal tuning

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 355 + VF Clubby W375 + ZB RSV
Sounds quite similar to my combo.
I'd be interested in a copy of your tune if possible to email through (and would fine tune from there, once in the car)
Not real familiar with what’s involved in memcal tuning. Would be happy to email you a copy once done but how would I go about that?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Many tuners don't like sending copies of their tunes out for free, especially where it's likely to be used on an engine that it wasn't perfected for. Also depends on the setup they use to tune as to whether the file would be any use to others or not.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
If tuning delco, should be able to send as a file (if tuner gives you a copy). It may or may not be "11p" which would then need to be swapped over.
My thinking is it will be a good base tune given the temp and IAT offsets. I can fine tune from there.

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think EYY would be right. Unlikely to be handing out tunes for free when it’s his likelihood.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Mixed opinions when it comes to stock/mild 304....low comp,baby cam & banana manifold you can't expect them to come alive without proper mods.

Even with just basic exhaust,airbox + memcal performance isn't as dramatic compared to a set of diff gears/stally/shift kit.

Another thing is not get caught in power figures.I've had cars with 'low' figures that felt quick & do decent times yet other cars pull decent dyno numbers but not so great times or feel that quick.

Ironically basic mods on efi stock to mild v8s were more noticeable improvement than adding a tuned memcal....only vehicle that has surprised me was my vp v6 ute after getting memcal done by Vlad

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
This is a v6 dirt track car I did years ago bouncing around in a paddock with wideband in the exhaust and laptop on my knee vs after cleaning up fueling on the dyno that extra 100nm made a huge difference to how it performs.you can pretty much call it stock the rules are pretty strict no porting no cam lift over stock lift but can add duration this has very little duration added idles smooth as stock stock head ports only can port match to inlet and do valve seat angles stock rockers stock injectors stock inlet and exhaust manifolds not allowed headers unless stock production stock airbox .the 304 is pretty much the same decient gains in torque are there to be had and can make the power not trail off so early making a wider power curve
20190306_022601.png

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes I can see why you want a custom tune, definitely the go to get it on the dyno like Delco said.
Got tune done today. Made 268kw rear wheels. Plenty for a Vs ute. Happy with that
Unfortunately belt broke damaging fan so couldn’t complete tune. They reckon 275-280 once done. Haven’t had a chance to open it up with bent fan but think needs adjustment on shifts and idle-searches and runs on a bit. Going to remove fan and get thermo’s, upgrade ignition then I’ll take it back for some fine tuning. I’ll have to contact Joe and give him feedback which he asked me to do. Good to deal with thus far.