Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal tuning

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 355 + VF Clubby W375 + ZB RSV
I got an off the shelf tune from chip torque for my 355 and while it goes well i’d Like a custom tune done and not keen on driving to to Queensland.
I’ve booked in with Aceperformance after looking at his Facebook page and seeing good results/comments.
Does anyone have recent experience with them.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Ace seems to be pretty well regarded. I work with a guy that got one of his mail order tunes for his 304 and seemed to think it went alright.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Mail order tune i got went exactly the same as the stock tune - in my case wasn't worth it for the money and communication was a bit of an issue but that was a couple of years back. Maybe he's picked up his game now?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Maybe try getting on the luke a LS Tuning & Performance in Wodonga, he tunes a bit of everything these days so should be able to sort you out. Has had some very fast cars come out of that workshop in the last few years.

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
A friend told me to contact LS also but they don’t do memcals unfortunately.
LS recommended Alpine performance in Vic-about 3 hours. No easy options in Wagga.

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ace seems to be pretty well regarded. I work with a guy that got one of his mail order tunes for his 304 and seemed to think it went alright.
Thanks that seems to be the general feeling. More +ve than -ve.

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mail order tune i got went exactly the same as the stock tune - in my case wasn't worth it for the money and communication was a bit of an issue but that was a couple of years back. Maybe he's picked up his game now?
When I had a stock motor I got an aftermarket memcal and could not see the difference either. Can’t remember when from. Thanks for the info.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Stock motor is never going to be amazing even after a tune. Joe has also been good to me. Did way better then another big name tuner.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I know my little V6 is no comparison to a 355 but I noticed a slight improvement but yeah wasn't like wow. I don't think the parameters are that far out on a stock tune that you will notice a massive improvement. Where I noticed it more was once I had my Pacies and CAI all fitted.
I sometimes get the impression that people think a remap will make a car go like a bastard, (not saying the OP is thinking that) but on here every now and then people (newbies) talk about "cop chips" and how the tune is supposed to make huge gains. However in reality it's the add-ons and other upgrades that give the serious gains, and a tune is just a tweak to get the best out of the upgrades. Plus it is needed on some mods or the engine won't run right.

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
When I had a stock motor I got an aftermarket memcal and could not see the difference either. Can’t remember when from. Thanks for the info.
Mine has small cam, exhaust, cai etc. but still wasn't impressed. Probably different on the dyno though.

Only 2 places I'd go for a delco tune now. Electronic automotive and EFI dynamics - Errol is one of the best in the country for delco tuning without a doubt.