Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcals and Gas settings

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
What maps/fields should be changed in a memcal when a car is on gas?

What maps/fields should be changed in a memcal when a car is dual fuel?

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Anyone? well then cue the tumbleweed

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
well if its holden it seems nothing is changed at all in the early model duel fuel tunes.they just turn injectors and stuff off when you flick to gas.if anything spark would be the only thing needing changing to suit LPG more if it was dedicated lpg but duel fuel they leave it the same so it runs fine on both

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Doesn't gas have it's own management system. So wouldn't matter how you tune the memcal. So on fuel you can have your tune and gas, it's gas.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
gas only has fuel adjustment itself via the mixer.as for spark it should all be controlled by the ecu still

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
well if its holden it seems nothing is changed at all in the early model duel fuel tunes.they just turn injectors and stuff off when you flick to gas.if anything spark would be the only thing needing changing to suit LPG more if it was dedicated lpg but duel fuel they leave it the same so it runs fine on both

spark was what i was told two i suppose if ya run ya car on lpg the most it probably wouldn't hurt to have the spark done ?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
back in the day when i had LPG HQ's they had a duel fuel dizzy that swapped spark curves when you swapped fuels gave extra economy on LPG so there would be gains on LPG for sure .

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
don't relay apply to me now seeing im getting into the eb until the warmer weather when i rebuild the vp thought id ask just to clear it up lol :thumbsup:

DavoVP

Reaction score
Yes, the ignition curve should be adjusted, you can run quite a bit more advance down low then trail it off, i cant remember the exact figure's sory.

But with that being said itl run fine on the original petrol timeing curve, mine does, well untill i throw in my halltech

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I have found that the VN on dedicated LPG lacks top end. It's good for up to around 2500rpm but after that the acceleration seems to drop off. It still accelerates but it feels like you only have half throttle. I have been looking for an LPG tune for a while now and no body will commit to doing one. I have been told that a tune for 98 ron will work but the spark advance is still too much at high revs. I need someone to experiment for me. I have a memcal, I just need it tuned so that the spark advances as normal until 2500rpm then remains constant after that.