Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal's

kingy2511

Im in Alan's Wolfpack
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S Commodore Ute
Hey mace.
I have a 2000 VS Series 3 Ute, i was wondering whether ur Memcals support ur larger throttle bodies?. I was considering doing up my whole intake system (ie: Cold Air Intake, POD Filter, 69mm throttle bodies and corresponding Air flow metre..
Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
Hey kingy2511,

Thanks for your inquiry

In regards to you questions, we don have some memcals which support our larger throttle bodies, this isn't one of them though :( As for running a larger MAF with an off the self/mail order memcal I don't think you'll find one anywhere.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Steve

kingy2511

Im in Alan's Wolfpack
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S Commodore Ute
Thanks for reply..

Maybe a dumb question, but wat is a MAF?

Suggestions on wat the best plan of attack is? Will the Memcal work with the CAI minus the throttle body? Or do i have to get it tuned..

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks for reply..

Maybe a dumb question, but wat is a MAF?

Suggestions on wat the best plan of attack is? Will the Memcal work with the CAI minus the throttle body? Or do i have to get it tuned..

MAF = Mass Airflow Meter

"Suggestions on wat the best plan of attack is? Will the Memcal work with the CAI minus the throttle body? Or do i have to get it tuned..."

I suppose it depends on what your budget is. Bank for buck for these motors would be a set of higher ratio rockers. Otherwise I would recommend a manifold insulator or a memcal. The later would still work regardless.

Memcal is basically the program/tune for which the engine management system uses to run the run/control the engine.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve :)