Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mercedes/AMG to ''unofficially'' join the V8 supercars

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
It'll be interesting to see holden and ford try and keep up with nissan's cars. especially with their VK series quad cam v8's in them lol.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
It'll be interesting to see holden and ford try and keep up with nissan's cars. especially with their VK series quad cam v8's in them lol.

Won't be an issue since they're ballasting etc for parity.

That's why I have a problem with parity rules.

Should just cap the development / expenditure budgets and let the most innovative win

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build

Won't be an issue since they're ballasting etc for parity.

That's why I have a problem with parity rules.

Should just cap the development / expenditure budgets and let the most innovative win

What he said

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
if their car looks like this ... holy ****
843808-mercedes-benz.jpg

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0

They tried that in Formula 1, and everyone cracked the shits because RBR kept winning. Even this year they have had numerous inspections by the stewards before and after races because other teams think they are breaking rules.

I like the V8SC system, as the richer teams don't always win, it all comes down to the driver, the strategy, and a bit of luck.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Last I hear Nissan werent even running their own engine so its not going to be an issue at all.

Nissan are using their own engine. It is based on the VK56DE Nismo engine that has been de-stroked to fit into the 5 litre V8 supercar regulations.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Nissan are using their own engine. It is based on the VK56DE Nismo engine that has been de-stroked to fit into the 5 litre V8 supercar regulations.

Oh cool. Must admit I havent been following it closely. Thought they were going to be using one of the Holden blocks. Disregard me then.