Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Merlin's VR V6 Berlina.

Merlin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Supercharged VR V6 A4 BERLINA/VZ SV6 M6
Merlin's VR Berlina, The road to supercharged heaven.

Hey all,
Just thought i would finally post some pics of my car on here. She is a VR V6 Berlina. Had her for about 5 years now, would never get rid of her, passion.
She is in the shop at the moment getting a vortec V1 S-trim installed, been in there about a week now and already im chomping at the bit to get her back on the streets.
Iv'e just had the heads rebuilt, nice port and pollish and some bigger valves put in. While i was at it i threw some Y/T 1.8 rollers on and some double valve springs.
Other mods are:
set of pacemaker headers, full 2.5 inch zorst and V8 cat.
SS induction cold air.
Pedders suspension all round, whileline strut up front, panhard down back.
Hoppers Stoppers 330mm VT upgrade kit up front,DBA Golds.
Fully rebuilt gearbox, 2800 stall, b&m stage two kit.
The real build up stage has just begun really, i have always wanted to supercharge the V6, and with fuel at the current price, im so glad i didnt go the big V8 option.

i'll update as more comes together.
Take it easy.

Attachments

• for internet one.jpg
    for internet one.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 337
  • for internet two.jpg
    for internet two.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 379
  • for internet three.jpg
    for internet three.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Looking good. Should go pretty hard with the supercharger on.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Looks really nice. The tinted tail lights suit it so well.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Nice care mate :D

Have fun with the new sh*T!

Merlin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Looks really nice. The tinted tail lights suit it so well.

thanks for checking out my ride..Yeah the rear lights are clear lense DEPO lights, when mazda released the 6's, their lights looked almost the same as the clears, i was going to go back to original but tinted the depo's and loved them. Cops dont like them but i dont give a stuff.
Cant wait to get her out the shop, been waitiing soo long to have an engine to match the style, the V6's are good, but you get used to the power very quickly.
got alot more planned for her, I cant wait to get her out on the streets.:yeah:

Merlin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
update

Just thought i would post an update on my car. Went out and saw her on friday, was hard to see her all in bits but i know its going to be for the better. Talking to my Mechanic, he took me over where we were at with the build.
The heads are still away getting their valve sizing sorted, had some problems with valve length when i got them ported and polished in the west, should be back soon though.
Now that the engine had been stripped down, we noticed the cam bearings were pretty stuffed and that there was wear in the cylinders, Time for a rebuild i think.
Throwing forgies in now so i can crank the boost up instead of running low to med boost. The only bad thing is now she will be off the road for a bit longer.
We are still looking at cam grinds, probably going to do a custom, bit more cash but i can get it suited to what power i want.
Hoping for 300-320kw, do you think thats a reasonable aim????:confused:

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
NICE will look awsome with flutes and a monaro bonnet

Merlin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
another update

Well things are going really well with the rebuild, The block has been fully machined and it is now just getting the final balancing done, should be back this week.

A lot of the other parts are all in, Got the cam the other day nothing too hot but it gives great lift(over 500 thou)with the 1.8 rockers. The heads are also back, and they came out sweet, massive valves and an awesome port and polish and some serious double valve springs.

Brought my intercooler the other day aswell, a nice 600x300x76 with 3 inch inlet/outlet diameter. Should go hard and look the goods under the SS bumper when it makes it's way into the car.

I cleaned up and polished my intake manifold the other day. Spent hours on it, it was pretty dirty but it came up a million bucks. I also polished around the 3800 part of it, it looks tip top. I'll throw some pics up.

Thats about it for now. I pretty happy with the progress of the build, Chris my mechanic is one hell of a bloke, he tells it strait and is as keen as i am to see some good figures.
poilished intake.jpgpolished throttle neck.jpg

Cheers and beers, Merlin.:thumbsup: