Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Messenger Virus

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I'm almost certain it's not your pc that's sending the message, it's some remote bot controlled pc with your login details. How it gets the details is what I'm trying to nut out... It'd have to be either a phishing site, or some kind of background keylogging malware, hmm.

Someone who's infected, what did you do to get infected exactly, just visit a site? Visit a site and enter details? Download and run a program accidentally?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I had one before, i was just about to close something, and a new window popped up, and the curser just happened to hit the link. All i did was do a normal virus scan and it was gone.

Its safe to say clair, that ANYthing with a link in it is some sort of virus (oh are these pics too naughty for myspace lmfao). I don't click anything from anyone now, unless were actually chatting and say look at this....

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I've started blocking people who get this shitty virus. How hard is it to not click the ****in links.:bang:

But... but what if those picture really ARE you this time??

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Hehehe....I laugh at those that use MSN Live Messenger and get these things. I use Trillian, and use it to connect to the Live Messenger network. No problems at all.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Someone who's infected, what did you do to get infected exactly,

If you use one of the who has blocked me programs that you need to enter your msn login in details in order to determine who has. A friend was infected with it, and when he was offline the bot would sign in, spam everyone in his contact list with a website, then sign out again.

Hehehe....I laugh at those that use MSN Live Messenger and get these things. I use Trillian, and use it to connect to the Live Messenger network. No problems at all.

We laugh at nerds, geeks and leet hax0rs who come onto a car forum and knock people for lack of computer knowledge. No need for it mate, save it for your LAN parties.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Thanks Sashyre. :)

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i'll try and get a screenshot of the site in question- its not the LINK thats the error, its when u enter your "log in details" onto the site, u get infected.

i gave it a shot with a fake address, you hit logon, and it just refreshes to the same page- meaning they now have ur login details.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
So that being the case easy fix would be just to change your msn password!

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
i used to have that...

deleted messenger, reinstalled prob solved