Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Messenger Virus

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Hey all, I need help

At about 6pm tonight one of my mates let me know I had sent them a MSN Mssenger virus. Shortly after a few others had too

The message is
Well I finally ordered those acai berry pills that I have been hearing about all the time and it has been 2 weeks now and I lost 22 pounds already, so I am living proof that they did work and still are working, best of all they cost only five dollars to try at Acai Elite - The ultimate Weight Loss Berry!

the website changes address tho

I did some searches and found some info, change pasword, run spybot kill and destroy anti-spamware stuff, virus scans, system restore etc.

NO LUCK!!

Can someone help please, Im just short of changing my account but the problem is everyone uses that account to email me :whistling

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i get similar things through contacts who are OFFLINE, messages that have links to 'image sites' etc etc

you click on them and ur asked to 'log on' with your email address and password

obvously DONT DO IT- as far as i'm concerned, its not an actual trojan or anything like that, just a way to spam crap across msn i guess

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Heaps of you guys from JC on my messenger have this problem :)

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
alright well i may have resolved it, the contact i was talking too had Messenger running since mid day and just used it to check email when they noticed my message sent through, but several contacts had recieved that message before i changed password, system restore etc (obviously)

So I may have fixed it afterall

would still like to know where it come from tho

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
Heaps of you guys from JC on my messenger have this problem :)

haha yeah a bunch of my contacts have it too

... dont rly know why they even bother makin something like this- doesnt even show spam advertisments or anything like that

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Its a pest pops up every few months, just the first message changes used to be 'Is this you?' then a link and bingo your infected.. Easiest way to stop it was open running processors and kill it, then open a prompt and kill it in start up, then use a spyware killer like spy doctor or spy sweeper (is the better one). Then it completely removes it from your system. Also beaware that it will seem to be gone but sometimes isnt.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i havnt got it, just other contacts, does it track ur movements on the net or anything bad like that?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
alright well i may have resolved it, the contact i was talking too had Messenger running since mid day and just used it to check email when they noticed my message sent through, but several contacts had recieved that message before i changed password, system restore etc (obviously)

So I may have fixed it afterall

would still like to know where it come from tho

Ok but how much weight have you lost on the Acai berries :p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I've started blocking people who get this shitty virus. How hard is it to not click the ****in links.:bang:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I've started blocking people who get this shitty virus. How hard is it to not click the ****in links.:bang:

Ditto - I get fed up of being messaged by contacts with this virus. Initially I tell them they have it but if they fail to clean it up I simply block them.

I do know one way of getting it is by using one of those 'who has blocked me' programs.