Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Metal Welds from exhuast have possibly gone into the engine and caused damge.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
firstly, terrific pics!

Now i read that i highly doubt its from exhaust it would have happened much earlier than 3 weeks later depending on how much you drive it

this is where I'm at with my thinking too..... how the hell can it run fine for 3 weeks, and THEN crap itself. if there was something loose it would have been sucked in straight away (if that's what actually happened in the first place).

keep pushing up the holden tree mate.... you got nothing to lose! if you get no love from holden (or even a compromise of sorts), lodge a complaint through fair trading.
holden cant 100% prove it was the exhaust because you have the exhaust people saying its 100% not them! so if holden cant be 100% sure, why should you be up for 100% of the cost?

Last edited:

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
could you get a some one that is trained in Metallurgy to see what type of metal it is an where it came from.

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
sorry to hear about your lil situation..... I had a talk to my cousin who is a service foreman at holden and he has told me your warranty is NOT void by putting an exhaust on your car as long as it doesnt activate any lights or codes in the computer. As for your metal filings on top of a piston bit my step dad who has been a muffler fitter for over 25 years and my cousin at holden they can see no way possible for something to be sucked up the exhaust and into the engine especially past the exhaust valve...... more likely to be through the airbox or somewhere in the head......

Dont know where in aus you are but i would be getting an engine builder or someone to get a second opinion on what and where it is likely to have come from......

good luck