Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Metho in fuel?

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
I was talking to a mate at work the other day about are cars and what not and we came on the suubject of cleaning parts in our cars and he said that if you put abit of metho in your fuel then it should clean your injectors has any one heard of this before and does it actually work?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Methanol / ethanol.. you get at least six litres of the stuff when you fill up with e10, which by the way is 94-95 RON.
Yes it does work well, check out the non-ethanol user in this thread versus my intake... and ima dirty sod that's done twice as many klm to boot!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
so bad idea? since i only use vortex and premium haha

Yes get your alcohol on the cheap, run a tank of e10 through (unless your car is e85 compatible then DO IT!) because six litres over a longer timeframe is gonna do more and cost less than a litre bottle from Woolies. If crap comes out and coughs and farts a bit then it's doing its job :yarr:

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
METHO added to fuel is normally used in the middle of nowhere, where the fuel might have water in it due to long or bad storage.

and plus 1 for using e10 as a clean out .

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
Personally, I would not use e10 for anything, especially prolonged use. It (the ethanol) is extremely corrosive and can cause major long-term problems. Yes, I know, the yellow sticker on your fuel flap says E10 compatible, but is it really worth the risk? If you want to clean your injectors on the car, buy a bottle of good injector or fuel system cleaner, and use that with regular unleaded. I say good, because some of the cheap ones is over 60% ethanol anyway.

I should add E85 is a different story, but I would still only use it in a car modified/built to suit, e.g. late model VE V8 etc.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Personally, I would not use e10 for anything, especially prolonged use. It (the ethanol) is extremely corrosive and can cause major long-term problems. Yes, I know, the yellow sticker on your fuel flap says E10 compatible, but is it really worth the risk? If you want to clean your injectors on the car, buy a bottle of good injector or fuel system cleaner, and use that with regular unleaded. I say good, because some of the cheap ones is over 60% ethanol anyway.

I should add E85 is a different story, but I would still only use it in a car modified/built to suit, e.g. late model VE V8 etc.
Love a good wife's tale.