Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MG's $1000 VT Exec

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
MG's $1000 VT Exec (More pics)

Hi guys, well i thought i would post up my new ride picked it up for $1000 off a family friend with 12months rego! Here is some info-

Make- Holden VT Commodore Executive

Year- 1999

KM's- 260,000

Engine- Ecotec

Colour- Brown/Bronze

Stereo- I have a kenwood head unit that was in the car when i got it with Kenwood speakers in the front doors but the stock speakers in the rear doors. Also has 2x 12" Kenwood 1200watt subs in the boot with a 1000watt Kenwood monoblock amp, Sounds alright for now.

Mods- I have put ultra low king springs in the front and rear but also shortened rear monroe gas shocks in the rear. The car now rolls on some VE 16" Stockies, dunno if i like it. Has darkest legal tinted windows and a twin dump exhaust tip. I have a 4 point camber kit to go in the car but im gonna wait till the springs have settled before doing it.

Other info- So all in all it is a fairly stock VT, Body is straight and paint is good, only cost me about $200 to get it road worthy just some very minor things. It has high km's but for the price i'm not complaining lol. Being on red P's i can't do any mods to the motor.

In total it has cost me $2000 dollars for everything, The Car, Springs, Shocks, Tint, All the stuff to get it road worthy so not bad for a clean, nice looking car.

Pictures- I'll get some pics up tomoz night once i give it a wash lol.

Cheers!

Last edited:

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Hey guys. Here is a pic, I will get some more pics of it when its clean but this will give you a little bit of an idea.

Attachments

• P1010854.JPG
    P1010854.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 791

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Finally got some better pics now. The car now rolls on VE 16" Stock rims, I dunno if i like it yet. Maybe have to make the car a bit lower even though its on ultras but the tires scrub now, might have to roll the guards.

What do you guys think about the rims?

Next mods are to get some Chrome window surrounds and calais front grills. I'm also upgrading my subs to a Vibe Black Air sub.

Attachments

• P1010930.JPG
    P1010930.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 640
  • P1010931.JPG
    P1010931.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 712
  • P1010932.JPG
    P1010932.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 604
  • P1010933.JPG
    P1010933.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 617
  • P1010934.JPG
    P1010934.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 534

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Rims look nice, for practicality I would suggest you don't go any lower. Keep it stock i say, looks good as is.

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
Nice base, good potential.

my vt exec has the mods you're wanting to get, its on ultras and 18"rims.

dont go lower than ultras, i had compressed ultralows in my car (5cm lower than ultras) and i couldn't even get up my driveway, and i had 18"on.

id go for some bigger rims, chrome surrounds, exhaust, tint. then you're pretty much set :D

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Thanks guys! I'm on the hunt for some surrounds and a calais grill. I already have tint proffesor darkest legal tint. I also just got some chrome wheel trims today i havn't put them on yet.

I'm just gonna concerntrate on my sound system for now then when i'm off red p's look more into the car.

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
I got some calais chrome window surrounds and some chrome wheel trims. I'll have to take some updated pics.

Also should have my new amp and sub in by the end of the week. Ended up getting a Vibe Space Sub 3000watt max and 1000rms also got a Vibe slick A7 amp to power the beast!