Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Michael's Impulse Blue SSZ

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
If anyone has any past experiences in purchasing and changing their brakes your opinion would be greatly appreciated :)

I am looking at cost, brand, slotted or normal, ebay or local and miscellaneous problems

Edit:
well said, i have white neons under the footwells and looks mint as. nothing japcrap about it, as for your blue seats, id take ssz or ss because its hard enough finding the blue oens as it is..

would you happen to have any pics of what the outcome looks like with the white neons?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
When you say change brakes do you mean just upgrade pads and rotors or fitting bigger brakes.
The SSZ already has bigger brakes than std SS doesn't it 320 v 298 fronts and 289 x 18 vented instead of 289 x 16 solid rears.
btw the SSZ are perculiar in that they were only released by Holden for the VZ, the HSV VT-VZ performance upgrade is 330mm fronts and 315mm rears.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
When you say change brakes do you mean just upgrade pads and rotors or fitting bigger brakes.
The SSZ already has bigger brakes than std SS doesn't it 320 v 298 fronts and 289 x 18 vented instead of 289 x 16 solid rears.
btw the SSZ are perculiar in that they were only released by Holden for the VZ, the HSV VT-VZ performance upgrade is 330mm fronts and 315mm rears.

I guess a better word would be replacing my brakes due to them started to squeek so I am just getting all the items required for them now so after powercruie in Oct (where i plan to wear them all out ) is when i would replace the.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Little update:

Found the right colour code of touch paint, one from supercheap (a big can for $12 ) and a little nail polish bottle from Holden for $12 dollars. The can is for my cars body (almost exact same colour) and the nail polish bottle is for my door handles (the vz's have a bad problem with pealing paint on them).

This weekend I plan to take my door handles off and give them a few coats and I also received my blue led footwells from ebay so I might give them a try and see what they look like although I think I might buy some white led ones.

I also managed to scab my brothers boot lid carpet liner off his clubby since he is selling it so I will be giving that a good wipe down and putting it in then aswell :).

P.S. if anyone has a very very detailed tutorial on how to take out/ fix the little compartment under the radio it would be very helpful . I am pretty sure that the spring on the left side has come out of place/ gone missing.

thanks!

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Little update:

Found the right colour code of touch paint, one from supercheap (a big can for $12 ) and a little nail polish bottle from Holden for $12 dollars. The can is for my cars body (almost exact same colour) and the nail polish bottle is for my door handles (the vz's have a bad problem with pealing paint on them).

This weekend I plan to take my door handles off and give them a few coats and I also received my blue led footwells from ebay so I might give them a try and see what they look like although I think I might buy some white led ones.

I also managed to scab my brothers boot lid carpet liner off his clubby since he is selling it so I will be giving that a good wipe down and putting it in then aswell :).

P.S. if anyone has a very very detailed tutorial on how to take out/ fix the little compartment under the radio it would be very helpful . I am pretty sure that the spring on the left side has come out of place/ gone missing.

thanks!

gotta wait a week or 2 for me to get some more wire from US :p kinda out remember bruto :p

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Little update:

thanks!

Get rid of it and get an ashtray

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
boot pics :D

25txo5d.jpg

33wmc5d.jpg

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Ok i have a few questions people - Where would be a good place to stick this and how should i stick it (with doing the least amount of damage to interior)

(dirty floormat lol)
20hqyrk.jpg

rcinlw.jpg

wimut4.jpg

Also I was looking around under the compartment and i did notice this. It isn't bothering anything but now that i know it is there it's probaly going to annoy me :p
ifwqia.jpg

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
hay man i stuck my bass controller in my double din pocket but looks like you have a factory head unit still so thats no go, i was also going to hide mine in the center console or in the little pocket under the head unit as i didnt want to just stick it on the dash etc and make it look tacky.

photoev-7.jpg

thats were mine is but underneath that there is a pocket that opens and closes, thats were i was going to put it if i get a double din, just have to open the pocket to adjust it and close it and still keeps that clean standed look :)