Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs Michelin Pilot Super Sports

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
My tyre guy said Pilot Super Sports are for owners who regularly track their cars and I should go Pilot Sport 4S. Here's a direct comparative review of both.

After running them for a week the initial impression of the Pilot Sport 4S is that they're significantly quieter than the Pilot Super Sports.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
4 or 4S for road cars, tons of reviews out there.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
I got wheels and tyres (245/45/18's) from a RSV swapped over for me onto my Calais V as part of the deal when I bought it.
3 reasons I did that.
Better ride comfort with 18 inch 45 profile tyres.
18 inch tyres are about 50- 60% of the cost of 20 inch tyres
245/45/18's one of the most popular sized tyres in the world and I have a huge selection of brands to choose from.

As luck would have it its one of the very few tyre sizes that enable me a choice between both Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and Michelin Pilot sport 4 tyres which presents as quite an interesting conundrum.

On one hand its clear the pilot sport 4's will be more comfortable and have outstanding grip in all conditions and on the other its clear the 4S will have better steering feel and offer a more sporting drive as well as having outstanding grip in all conditions but will be a little less comfortable on the goat tracks that pass for roads around where I live. $326 for the 4 or $437 for the 4S.
Its quite a difficult decision. Thoughts anyone ?