Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Michelin Pilot Sport ps2

JDW5560

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6
hi, has anyone has experiences with Michelin Pilot tyres ? I have SV6 and deciding between those and Bridgestone 050A 245/40/19 ?

LuminaME

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE Lumina 3.6L
PS2 ... hands down the best tire I had tried on my previous car (turbocharged), and I had went through many of high end brands (BRDGs/CONTIs/YOKOs)

PS2 was comfy, quite, solid dry grip, superior aquaplaning resistance and sure launches even with a fwd.

If it was available in store where i got new rims for the VE, I wouldn't think twice about it (got the potenza re50a)

STOCKY SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have them on my SSV. They appear to be an OK tyre. They came with the new car from holden so i dont know what they are valued at.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I'm a big fan of Falken 452's... had them on all my cars (all the low profile ones that is, otherwise higher profiles I love the Falken 912's), and when the VE's original rubber goes that's where I'm headed for sure.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I'm a big fan of Falken 452's... had them on all my cars (all the low profile ones that is, otherwise higher profiles I love the Falken 912's), and when the VE's original rubber goes that's where I'm headed for sure.

+1 for 452s.

Good grip, excellent wearing and decent handling in the wet. They tend to be a tiny bit noisy.. but no where near as bad as some tyres I have had. I'll definitely be getting them again.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
+2 for the falkens,
you trade increased noise for lower price but performs as good as any top shelf tyre

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I actually wasn't too impressed with the bridgestones that came standard with my SS ute. They only lasted me around 13,000kms and the dunlop sport max something-or-others I had on my old VY out gripped the bridgestones in the wet hands down. I'm running on khumos now - not bad for the price. Not a lot of noise (though I've heard they get louder at around 50% wear) and every bit as sticky as the bridgestones in the dry. Being a ute, I don't push too hard in the wet and traction control is on as soon as rain starts! No experience with the michelins but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon