Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MICRO 3 FUSES.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Did you know that the VF series of Commodore uses a MICRO 3 FUSE. DUAL CIRCUIT BLADE FUSE in most of their fuse boxes.....replacing the the 2 bladed fuse in certain circumstances ....used in earlier commodores.
The middle blade supplies the current and protects 2 out going circuits.....if one circuit blows the fuse can be rotated if needed to power the fused circuit...in an emergency.
Take care that these fuses are examined carefully and are not causing an intermittent to another circuit when one side is blown causing all sorts of electrical problems....eg. lights, starting, battery, power steering, radio, fault codes. etc. etc.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah, one micro3 3 blade fuse is more compact (& cheaper overall) than having two micro2 2 blade fuses but they can be more difficult to visually inspect and/or test so a little more care is required When doing so…

Me, I liked the older style glass fuses which were easier to sight the fusible element was ok… these days fuses are small and the fusible element is hard to see (maybe it’s my old eyes) :rolleyes:

See here for all the types of automotive fuses.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Yeah, one micro3 3 blade fuse is more compact (& cheaper overall) than having two micro2 2 blade fuses but they can be more difficult to visually inspect and/or test so a little more care is required When doing so…

Me, I liked the older style glass fuses which were easier to sight the fusible element was ok… these days fuses are small and the fusible element is hard to see (maybe it’s my old eyes) :rolleyes:

See here for all the types of automotive fuses.
You are like me.....old eyes....that is why I do not have a smart phone...you push the wrong button and you could be sending a trillion message's around the world....and being spamed at the same time of your life savings.....see breath testing below near my place.

Attachments

• hay.jpg
    hay.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 111

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yea came across one about 5 months ago.