Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mid life project car

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Stato drivers seat is easy job, can fit Stato cushion on 3/4 bench side but you won't have adjustment and it means carving up the seat cover and hand sewing or taking it to a motor trimmer, to make it look tidy.

Moccha

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Hand brake is an issue is it possible to replace just the seat mounting?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Must admit thought handbrake conversion would be a piece of cake...got caught out by a few little things.

Didn't realise benchie utes were only had half of the handbrake cover where adjuster rod goes through underneath so a lot of heat/wind gets inside lol

** Yeah I only changed seats at first then did the rest of it later on as it bugged me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hand brake is an issue is it possible to replace just the seat mounting?

Did you not read this? Stock bench door trim doesn't have a pocket, so it's not an issue, unless upgrading like I did.

Only an issue if you have drivers door pocket. I have a Stato drivers door trims and it's slightly annoying but I can live with it if it means having trick door cards, with courtesy lights.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Mine had door pockets although I was sure it was a povo pack being a benchie..weirdly has s pack side strips but my guess it's been stolen/pranged/resprayed in it's early years.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mine is an S pack and has bench. Either that or the original owner spent a ton extra and had several upgrades added at the time of ordering, which makes no sense as it works out more expensive that ordering the S pack from factory.

theburna57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute V6
We got a VS ute for the grandsons first car. Under the car and bonnet stuff is easy. Tools and Facebook make you an expert. Electrics are the catch cry for us but he is doing stuff to get dirt under his fingernails and we are bonding. Last weekend on his driving lesson he informs me he likes driving my Deisel Mitsubishi outlander but prefers his "VS" as he now calls it. Its a great project and this weekend its front brakes.
Oh and we paid $500 for the unit that was parked in a shed and needed a tie rod end, blinker globe, washer bottle and a seat belt for rego.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
I would be looking for a vehicle with a good body. If you are going to eventually modify/replace the engine etc, why restore it, only to waste that money.
Plan ahead, then go and buy what will best fit your eventual plans.

theburna57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute V6
If looking for the "good body", remember that the guards and tailgate are cheap buys and easy to replace.