Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Midnight express tint worth it?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I've had three cars done with "Formula 1". The guy at Tint-A-Car showed me the difference between Midight Express and Formula 1 and there was very little difference between the two. He said he has Formula 1 on his car which he showed me and preferred it over Midnight. I went with F1 because it has a lifetime guarantee and Mid. Ex. only has ten years for some reason.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I've got F1 on my VS...it's been there for over 12 years now but is staring to get past it's used by date...just having troble finding my receipt with the lifetime warranty...aargh.

We also have a 2007 Outlander for the family car. We had this tinted in Midnight Express when we bought it new. I reckon it is darker to look at compared to my F1 tint.

They both feel similar in terms of direct heat reduction at the window.

The Outlander is Effect Grey (gun metal) with black interior and my VS is white with the blue/grey SS interior and there doesn't generally seem to be too much difference in internal temperature between the two.

Sam0213

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina Series 2
just get p plate stickers that stick on the outside of your car. theres heaps on ebay

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
No I wouldn't tint the bumper.
LOL!

Totally agree that 35% is not dark enough. I got nearly 10 years tinting experience under my belt and i HATED tinting cars in 35% haha
Not that im condoning going any darker than your states legal VLT, but in 10 years i have NEVER heard of anyone getting pulled up because their tint was too dark. Granted it would fail roadworthy, but doing the right thing on the tarmac, its very improbable you will get pulled up purely for your dark windows alone. (in Vic and NSW anyway haha). But thats not to say it hasnt, or wont happen.
I got 5% all round on my VT, and its fantastic. It is a little hard to see at night, but u get use to it. The only time it hinders me is when i have to reverse... but i just wind my window down :p
It also keeps my car significantly cooler being out in the sun all day, opposed to when it had 35% or none on it at all.

Having said all that, good luck finding a Tint-a-car shop that is willing to put darker than legal film on your car. Tint a car seem pretty strict around my region with that sorta thing. But im sure a cash in hand no receipt type deal might get you somewhere ;)

datsonovic

Reaction score
Members Ride
280c
I have tinted several cars with limo/Ambulance tint and found the interior will be hotter with any tint as the tint will absorb the suns rays: transfering the heat to the inside. However it will reduce U.V inside the cabin and look tough, but that is it.

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
I have tinted several cars with limo/Ambulance tint and found the interior will be hotter with any tint as the tint will absorb the suns rays: transfering the heat to the inside.
Interesting theory mate, cant say ive ever heard of tint actually making a car HOTTER on the inside.. Dont get me wrong in not doubting your word at all, just surprising to hear it is all. Mind you, i do keep my windows down a couple of inches to keep airflow through my car while it sits there, which im sure helps alot.

vxcustom

VXXX
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6 executive
Ring Scott at Teppa's Tinting tell him you are a member and he will tint to whatever darknes you like. He came recommended from this website and I will personally recommend his work to anybody at anytime

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
I went to tint a car at slacks creek (Brisbane) and got 'T18' which is 18%. I had my previous vz done and now my ve, was bout $200 for a ute. and I would recommend it to anybody, lifetime warranty and the vz passed roadworthy as well