Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Midnight express tint worth it?

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey, Im going to be tinting my car really soon as just love tinted windows so much more then the stock crap haha.

So im running a 2000 VT executive series 2 just wondering does this come with tint already applied even teeny bit? Cus do i need it removed before getting new tint. Then i have to ask is will the midnight express greatly reduce the heat of my car when left outside while at work all day because atm it gets bloody hot!! Also do you think the midnight express tint would look fine on a tungsten coloured commo like is it pretty black? Dont want to go over legal limit for tint as having the big red P already gets me enough attention.

Going to be getting a decent price on the tint so do you think its worth it?

T

tommySV6Ute

Tinting is one of the compulsory 'mods' to a car.

Wise to not go illegal at your P plate stage, to avoid drawing crabs.

It will reduce the 'rays, don't expect cooling miracles from it.

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yer mate haha thought it would be a pretty much compulsory add on ;) And thats exactly what i was thinking about staying legal whilst on the P's. Ah well some less rays is better then heaps haha. Also wondering would a clubby vt rear bumper suit w/o the rest of the body kit or no way?

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not tint the bumper lol!!! I was going off topic as in fitting the actual rear bumper of a clubsport to my car haha

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
might look a bit to bulky at the back without the rest

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
tint is compulsary lol. for looks not for cooling
i got 35% which is darkest legal, and noticed no cooling effect which is gay as its pretty warm in WA right now.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Had midnight on my old ute wasnt dark enough, so i went one shade darker then legal im pretty happy with it, although up here in cairns with a black ute, its hot eitherway lol

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
definatly go 25% all round its one darker than legal so its not going to draw attention once you go past that it starts to get unsafe at night. 35% just isnt dark enough