Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mike's VL Headunit Install

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
This pic shows you how my headunit looks. The film around it is carbon fibre, the pic doesn't do it much justice. The old headunit hole is covered buy it too.

With a bit of planning and cutting, it was pretty easy to mount the headunit here. And it works well, unlike the old spot where new sized headunits stick out a mile.

Mike ;)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 679

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Two Questions..

Do you have any problems with getting the cd's out in First/ Third or 5th.
What are you putting in the original spot..

And did you have 90 degree bend rca's adapter thingo's because that usually gets the stereo sitting flush/er

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
No RCA plugs at all, because I don't run an amp. And the CD's don't clash with the stick at all, even at factory length. My stick has been cut down about 2 inches, so I have no issues at all. It works a treat im real happy with it.

At the moment, there is just a carbon fibre blanking plate over the old hole (see pics in VL section) but the plan is to create a folding cover storage bin for storing CD's - that or a fridge :p

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
why not just put your head deck in the right place and it would be better :)
i had mine same spot where you have got yours eh bit of fun but it is annoying cause its so low !!!

can you not get the old tape deck out ????

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
i was thinking of putting a dvd player there.....did you have to cut the backing out much????i put a double din where the standard stereo goes and that was more effort than it was worth, but i already spent too much on the stereo to give up.....so that's the only place i can put anything else.....