Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mikey's VN Calais

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
Mikey's VN Calais *With new pics!*

I decided that 4 Banger Nissans were crap, so I swapped sides and bought an 88 VN Calais.
As you can see in the pics, its fairly neat. Theres a couple of electrical bugs in terms of 2 or 3 switches not working, but thats easy fixed.
Car had only 98,960km on it when i bought it last friday.
For $2,500 im not complaining.
It was a lady owner I purchased off, even had SA - The Rose State plates which I quickly swapped for some normal ones!
Theres a bit of tint on the rear windows but nothing earth shattering, apart from that, no mods so far, but when I have time I will be swapping the Alpine CD player from my old car into this one, and also the Pioneer 69s and Fusion 6.5inch splits (probably wont bother putting subby in)
Alarm/immob getting put in on weekend and also hoping for some better tint and maybe a set of 18s.
Mainly I purchased this car because the outside was tidy, the inside is immaculate and the car has lower KM on it than most VT/VX commies I have seen, and best of all unlike a tempremental CA18DET powered EXA, the Calais just drives and does it cheaply, reliably and without getting abuse hurled at you haha!

Heres some pics:
Car Front (bonnet not quite straight, but noticed this with a LOT of VNs)

calais%20(4).JPG

Car side/rear

calais%20(2).JPG

Interior pics (notice no cracks in dash - I was impressed)

calais%20(5).JPG

calais%20(3).JPG

calais%20(6).JPG

Engine Bay

calais%20(1).JPG

Updated pics (look crap at night)

calaisa.JPG

calais%20(1)a.JPG

calais%20(2)a.JPG

calais%20(4)a.JPG

calais%20(5)a.JPG

Last edited:

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Damn thats in good condition!! It looks brand new!! Talk about a bargain! Low k's, immaculate, calais.....*sigh*

just think of all those buttons.....

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
Ok. its been a while since i mentioned anything on this thread, so heres an update.
Completed:
Alarm install.

Tomorrow night:
Booked in to have installed my JVC DVD player and Response 7inch pull out screen.

Saturday morning:
Booked in to get 2.5inch Cat back put on at 8:30am... groan.

Waiting on delivery:
a beautiful set of 18x8.5 inch rims which I ordered today.:
bg_tracer.jpg

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Those mags are gonna suit it good. Post pics once they're on!

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
That thing is VERY impressive, Such low k's, Such low price, Such straight body... =| That's a very very nice example of a VN Calais.
I know some people wont agree with me, But some VT Calais badges really look nice on the VN's, but each to their own!

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
got the DVD player fitted tonight, im extremely happy with the results.
Ill post up some photos when i take some, but its mounted quite well and is very accessible and fuctional.
I am going to pick up a set of VS door pods if i can, so that i can install my 6.5inch splits, and rear speakers and that should complete the sound package... for now...
I have a 15inch sub waiting to slip in but i'm not really in much of a hurry to get that going just yet.
Also got a call about my rims, they are due on monday, so again..photos when i can be bothered.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Bargain !!! Looks to have been well cared for !!!