Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mild Steel or Stainless Steel Exhausts?

Mild vs. Stainless Steel Exhaust

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
So far mild is wining... (by one vote) anybody else got an opinion?

The main reason for the poll is cause I am about to purchase an exhaust an cannot decide what would sound better?

Cheers guys!

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
For those who do select the 'other' any chance you wanna post what it is you like the sound of? Just mainly out of curiosity...

for eg. :
-copper
-titanium
-rust :p

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Alrighty..... I have decided.. I am going to go with the Stainless Steel exhaust from my new friend Not_An_Abba_Fan ! Extremely awesome deal..!

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
mild steel sounds much better for V8's, much deeper gruntier note, stainless sounds tinny, its way too expensive the only reason its good is because it lasts for alot longer than mild steel, but are you going to keep your same exhaust for over 5 years? doubt it, then mild will be fine and even if you do have to replace it then its half the price of "wank factor" stainless steel

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
mild steel sounds much better for V8's, much deeper gruntier note, stainless sounds tinny, its way too expensive the only reason its good is because it lasts for alot longer than mild steel, but are you going to keep your same exhaust for over 5 years? doubt it, then mild will be fine and even if you do have to replace it then its half the price of "wank factor" stainless steel

I agree.
msg not long enough.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute

Thats deff not true for the Kpm stainless, my dad has a steel exhaust and is no where as near as deep and burbly as mine

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
mild allways sounds better stainles has a ping to it and sound seams to eminate through the pipe walls a lot .a well built mild system with the pipe seam not at the bottom of the pipe lengths will last 10 years with ease