Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mine 1999 VT II Acclaim

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
1999 VT II Acclaim

slippy_trippy-albums-1999-vt-acclaim-ii-picture5508-carsmall.jpg

---Mods---

-K&N high flow panel filter
-DIY CAI Snorkel...Kinda (Stock Holden one that I've grinded bigger :whistling )
-2 1/2 Catback with a resonator (Redback)
-Memcal by Dr. Bob for VT V6 Auto
-Mace engineering 25mm Plenum Spacer

---Stereo---

-Headunit: Pioneer DEH-P3000IB with direct Ipod control
-Front Doors: Pioneer 3 way 6"
-Rear Doors: Clarion 2 way 6" (I don't sit back there :p )
-Parcel Shelf: Pioneer 3 way 6x9 (Powered by amp)
-Amp: $25 Ebay job :whistling couldn't quite afford something better, having said that this -amp works rather well and I havn't had any issues with it
-Sub: Kenwood 12"

Speakers all mounted in stock positions with stock grilles, all looks standard from the outside.

---Next to come---

Lowered to FE2
VX S pack 16 wheels
VX rear spoiler with light bar being fitted next week. I figure it needs a little cosmetic work

Last edited:

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
Put the chip in last night on break from work so havn't had a chance to go somewhere quiet yet. Will update soon, seems like an awesome day for a cruise :)

Yeah can't wait to lower it, I've said before I think the VTs look beautiful lowered. Probably wanna look at the stock S pack rims from the VX though, I quite like those. Spoiler arrived toady so hopefully by next week I'll have the spoiler and by months end lowered.

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE: The chip definitly seems to hold the gear for alot longer than the stock memcal and the shift is a little faster at the cost of being only slighty jerkier. Not too bad.

Currently looking into the FE2 suspension, windows being tinted in next 2 weeks, rear spoiler being fitted within 2 weeks.

Since I am trying to keep the car looking standard I am still deciding which wheels. I love the VX S pack 16s but obviously they werent stock on the car.

Yes I realise the vx spoilers weren't stock on the vt's but it's a fairly subtle difference.

-Slippy