Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mini Spool

vs_ss_matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VS SS, Deep Dish Starcorp Impul White Wheels
Yeah for sure mate, I think the weather for Monday and Tuesday here in South Oz is going to be rain, so I will be extra careful! Unless..........there is a masive 4 laned open left hand corner with no nasty gutters or police around! Then I will be a little heavy on the right foot and ready to catch the over steer to hold a nice power slide!!

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
or it could just slingshot right around and do a couple of 360's lol

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
U'll be happy with it!!!

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Not counting or anything!!!...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
the SS does have an LSD, but i want both wheels to be locked, just want to have some fun in it, e.g. around corners :)

Unless you are putting the car on the track don't do it. Having "fun around corners" is what causes cars to be "bent around trees", "parked in lounge rooms" and "upside down in ditches". That aside, you will have accelerated tyre wear and the car will tend to want to under steer when you are in tight radius low speed corners.

Reaper

vs_ss_matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VS SS, Deep Dish Starcorp Impul White Wheels
Counting the days UNKNOWN! who me!? never! haha I am like a kid! :)

Each to their own I guess Reaper. Its a personal choice, but majority of people like them who have got one or have had one. After tomorrow I will have one, I am not saying I am going to like it but if I dont I will change it back.

I dont plan on drifting around every corner, every day. I would just like the car to do what I want when I want and know what it is going to do. Right now with the LSD I have it doesnt do that. Sometimes it will one wheel and other times it will step out and slide.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Unless you are putting the car on the track don't do it.
Having "fun around corners" is what causes cars to be "bent around trees", "parked in lounge rooms" and "upside down in ditches". That aside, you will have accelerated tyre wear and the car will tend to want to when you are in tight radius low speed corners.

Reaper
From my personal experience with a spool the lat 5 years

"bent around trees" X
"parked in lounge rooms" X
accelerated tyre wear X
under steer X

Is it only in certain situations this occurs?
Guess your in the wrong thread, he asked how much and where, he got both, and will soon decide for himself (i already know what the answer will be, and am sure that spool will be in there for many months to come ;))

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
ive had my spool in for about 4 months now and i enjoy it but the only thing i dont like is those damn tight parking spots and u-turns are a bitch too.

apart from that i like it, i have better acceleration,the car is easy to control, and wet weather can be pretty fun too, i have never had a problem in the wet either, always had 100% control because the car just goes where u want it too.

im thinking about going lsd now purely for the fact that i'm really getting sick of the car shaking/rattling everytime i do a slow tight turn, i think its bad for mine tho cos i got really stiff suspension and not only that all this **** about cops really cracking down and taking ya car just for the slightest little sound a wheel might make i really cant be bothered with it and i want to keep my car

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Anyone got a mini they wana sell? I think ill grab one before i boost the vp to 12.