Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mini Spools

marshcory

marshy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 , VP exec , XE Falcon ;)
hey
im highly considering putting in a mini spool. just wondering if anyone out there has any reccomendations on what brand i should buy... like a Detroit Locker one or just one from ebay is there much difference in quality ect?? and is it better to get my diff reconditioned or wont it matter just throw the spool straight in...

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey mate at the end of the day ive fitted lots of them and never had a trouble wat brand it is and i will always recomened one to anyone that doesnt mind about them being illegal. best things desighned in the world. any brand is good.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, they're not exactly a complicated piece of modern technology... it's hard to get a bad one :p

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
they r the best thing ever. ive had one in all my cars and u always know that when u want to it will kick sideways not single spin on u even if u have a lsd and u never have to worry about it single spinning unless u break an axle which rarely happens

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
yep ive got one there lots of fun. theres some on ebay for 80 bucks find a set a diff gears aswell and chuck it in all together.

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
yeah i put 3.9 diff gears and mini spool into my diff built it myself as i wanted to learn and im a mechanic. best thing in the world and so cheap. i brought a skyline diff from the wreckers as they have 3.9 diff gear ratio and got a mini spool that reco ordered in for me and put it all together worked out my back lash and tension of everything put a new front seal in and off i went now every corner is sideways or ill take it easy and hear the nice noise of the tired squeking.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
my old tires used to make a lot of noise, new ones don't but you can still feel it though

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
with mini spools can u still drive normally in the wet.. or will it just be sideways.. cuz i dont really wwanta be goin on a windy road at like 80km and then it kicks out

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
with mini spools can u still drive normally in the wet.. or will it just be sideways.. cuz i dont really wwanta be goin on a windy road at like 80km and then it kicks out

Its your feet that control how sideways the car gets. Want to drive like a granny, drive like a granny ;)

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I think he means tail end drifting out rather than kicking out under power. If you think of the physics of it, when you go around a corner and both wheels are locked, one of the back wheels isn't going to always be making traction, meaning during cornering there are times when the centrifugal force of the back end of the car is only being transferred to the road through one tyre, not two. That's why they're illegal.