Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mini !!!

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
Well judging by the use of my focus st = you could = but you're young and enjoying .
Was getting about 7.2 when in last job. Now about 8.2 - 8.4 alot more local suburbia driving .
Yes I love giving it a bit ,but not everywhere = both because of fuel but also also I want to keep my license. !!
yeah, gotta admit it is a little difficult to "try" and get under 10s. but will certainly try and see if it can be done for me. i know it can be done. but i am going to try for myself with a little restraint. yeah keeping my license is a plus for sure. man... i slipped my way through some sticky situations i'll tell you that since i got my fulls. haha

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Actually got 5.8 litres per 100 km on a trip up the the hwy = cruising , but can still thrash this thing and it handles = fantastic.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah, gotta admit it is a little difficult to "try" and get under 10s. but will certainly try and see if it can be done for me. i know it can be done. but i am going to try for myself with a little restraint. yeah keeping my license is a plus for sure. man... i slipped my way through some sticky situations i'll tell you that since i got my fulls. haha

Yours like mine can be really economical if you you stay off the throttle = any high compression turbo motor , will be like this,, but understand young , also put my foot down more in this and sometimes hate = ol mate did but then seems to come to a standstill in corners = really = most morons who think their 4x handles in corners,!!!

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Hows the Mini going?

The cousin had a current model JCW the other day, and was spewing not to have been there to see how it goes.
Looks very potent as a vehicle.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Actually got 5.8 litres per 100 km on a trip up the the hwy = cruising , but can still thrash this thing and it handles = fantastic.
I had to re-read this, I was about to call BS until I realised you weren't talking about the Maloo.....:oops:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Slack arsedness means this is yet to be done.

Any suggestions on appropriate grease ?
No idea what grease one would use on an electric motor bearing but once you dismantle the electric motor and clean all the old grease off you shouldn't have any grease compatability issues to worry about which makes the situation easier.

I'd use any NLGI #2 or #3 multipurpose grease which should be OK. Seems Polyurea grease is popular with many bearing used by electric motor manufacturers so if you can get it I guess you can't go wrong...

What grease the flexible shaft uses i've no idea but i'd use the same grease as that on the electric motor bearings. However some flexible shafts use a liquid graphite to make them slipery... What sort of grease is used on teh shaft should be apparent when you pull it all apart but again after cleaning, i'd thing any grease that doesn't dry out and get hard with cold should be ok...

I've always used what i have lying around the garage but it's been on easily servicable motor bearings... On an electric motor and flexible shaft inside a car door, i'd probably check the www and/or look at a few old car manuals and see whats specified (though modern manuals seem to revolve around assembly replacements :mad:).

Car manuals should specify what lubricant to use on window rails ;)

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had to re-read this, I was about to call BS until I realised you weren't talking about the Maloo.....:oops:

Ha ha , yeah the focus..

The maloo I manage to get 9.8 to 11.2 on back hwy spirited driving , if you're traveling far enough to use the full tank.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So the power steering pump has decided that it doesn't want to go to sleep when the rest of the car does.

o_O