Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Minor accident, who's at fault?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Unfortunately you are at fault in this situation, but it illustrates a all to common lack of courtesy between drivers on our streets.

So which one isn't courteous? The driver that rear ended him? Has he got to wait for the op to actually get out of the car, before he continues on his journey?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
So which one isn't courteous? The driver that rear ended him? Has he got to wait for the op to actually get out of the car, before he continues on his journey?

Its courtesy to hang back enough for the car to make its first attempt. If you cant reverse in the first go, its fair game to go around :)

SM1D3Y

aka Drew
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67

Its courtesy to hang back enough for the car to make its first attempt. If you cant reverse in the first go, its fair game to go around.

Spot on answer in my opinion. The Op was at fault for not taking due care reversing, but patience from the other driver may have avoided the incident. . We have horns in our cars for a reason. Just my 2c

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Its courtesy to hang back enough for the car to make its first attempt. If you cant reverse in the first go, its fair game to go around :)

its also courtesy to check no one is behind you before reversing

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Seems very clear. It is illegal to reverse up the road into a stopped car. The good thing about dashcams is they can act as evidence against the car they are mounted in as well as other cars.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I think it was his fault for not pulling up in time and not leaving me enough room to park.

Beyond me how you can deem him at fault. You stopped and started reversing then hit him. He is 100% in the right.

Hope you have insurance to cover his damages.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Okay, looks like I'm in the wrong. It's my first accident so take it easy on me. $600 excess and $200 for a new tail light. I usually leave at least 2m of room for a parking car in front, so yeah I thought it was his fault for not giving me enough room.

Last edited: