Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Minor accident, who's at fault?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Don't mean to be unkind but reversing into a stationary vehicle seems to indicate pretty poor driving. Not knowing who is at fault only makes matters worse. Although there seems to be a lot of people driving around who have no idea of the road rules particularly at roundabouts, merging, parking etc. Most road authorities put out booklets listing the road rules in very simplified terms, diagrams etc. Is it too much to ask people to take an occasional look at the booklet for their state- usually also available on the internet. It appears knowing the road rules is not a requirement for getting a licence these days. If someone reversed into me and then tried to blame it on me I would not be a happy camper. Rant over.

I can tell you, the internet and the rules booklet for road rules doesn't teach people much.....here's 2 examples

Example 1: 17 year old goes for learners permit in the city...Has alcohol limit question for a learner and P plater....They answer zero....gets it correct

Example 2: Again 17 year old going for learners permit, this time in the country 2 months after the city slicker....Gets the same question....Replies the same answer and gets it wrong....Told the answer is .05.

Then we go to speed limits around emergency vehicles in South Australia....Read the internet and the road rule book and they stipulate it's 40 KPH.....The actual answer is 25 KPH (been that way for approximately 9 months)....And yes, city slicker got the same question, replied it was 25 KPH and was marked wrong...Told it was 40 KPH.

Fortunately, for the city slicker, his parent was there and mentioned to the tester to go have a look at the back of an ambo, or a fire truck and then mark the city slicker wrong again.

So the internet and road rule book isn't the right answer....It's really upto the older generation to teach them properly

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
classic blind reversing...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nope....All I know it's the site you go to learn the road rules, prior to going for your learners permit.

The link you've put up, was started when the speed limit was changed, to help inform drivers of the changes and the consequences of it.

I just searched 'emegency vehicle speed' and thats what came up ;)
So anyone going for their license and searching will know the new rules, not the 40k as you suggested :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I just searched 'emegency vehicle speed' and thats what came up ;)
So anyone going for their license and searching will know the new rules, not the 40k as you suggested :)

It's online, where all new learners learn the road rules, prior to going for the test (basically the old road rules booklet, yet online)....NOT the emergency vehicle speed site you're looking at.

My son only went for his learners 6 months ago and he showed me the answer shown on the website.....I was also the one, that said to the tester about marking him wrong over the speed limit...It was also my son and my niece that had the alcohol questions I previously mentioned about......It just so happened, the transport office he did his test at, has a fire station situated right across the road from it and the ambo station is about 3 K down the road

But you'd know better....You're an internet expert

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
It's online, where all new learners learn the road rules, prior to going for the test (basically the old road rules booklet, yet online)....NOT the emergency vehicle speed site you're looking at.

My son only went for his learners 6 months ago and he showed me the answer shown on the website.....I was also the one, that said to the tester about marking him wrong over the speed limit...It was also my son and my niece that had the alcohol questions I previously mentioned about......It just so happened, the transport office he did his test at, has a fire station situated right across the road from it and the ambo station is about 3 K down the road

woah, woah - there are right and wrong answers if the examiner got the answer wrong, it's still wrong!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

I do know better, you said it says something (on the internet), and i searched (on the internet) and it says something different.

Rather than bitch and moan about it here, how about mentioning it to them so it can be fixed?