Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mirco switch central locking

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hi guys a quick question, does anyone have a pic of how the mirco switch for the central locking is mounted to the back of the door handle?

i put one on my spare door handle according to my gregorys manual and when i turn the key it doesnt do anything. i dont think i have mounted it proply

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I guess you mean the micro switch that "deadlocks" the central locking - as you say, the pix in Gregorys doesn't really show exactly where it attaches. I've never played with this part - have you tried putting a mirror behind your existing drivers door lock to see how it attaches. The other thing is to activate the deadlock the key is turned the opposite way to locking but I'm sure you are aware of this.
Good Luck

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
i cant look at the one in my car coz it doesnt have central locking its a vg ute i am trying to install it into my ute

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
i cant look at the one in my car coz it doesnt have central locking its a vg ute i am trying to install it into my ute

OK - in that case you probably need to supply more info - like are you using factory central locking or aftermarket and are you planning on using a remote to operate it plus do you want the deadlock feature (which I think is what the microswitch operates).

hitman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
i am putting in a factory vr setup with the VQ main loom i know it will work together but i just need to know how the micro switch is mounted i followed the diagram in my gregorys but it is a bit vague on how it operates i mean i turn the lock in either direction but the metal bit on the mirco switch doesnt contact the lock, on the lock there is a raised section i think would push the metal bit in to contact the switch but it doesnt (the metal bit seems to far away for it to do it) i have tried to bend the metal bit so it does get pushed by the lock but now it is to far away to push the switch in.

i hope you understand what i am trying to say if i had a camera to take a pic so you could see what i mean by this i would post one here for you to see. it is driving me nuts

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Now I see your problem. If no one else can help you I'll pull my door trim off this weekend and try to get a pix of where it goes.
Just for info, the handbook says: "you can deadlock the door - turn the key in the drivers door fully anti-clockwise and remove at the horizontal position"
Good Luck.

OzJD

Reaction score
Website
jeltel.com.au
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice V II (V8)
It seems only some VR's have the deadlock, Mine dosn't but the wifes does.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Have pulled the trim off and attached a shot. If you need to full picture PM me and I'll send the full file to you. It's easy to see why they fail....water and rust!
Good Luck.

Attachments

• microswitch.jpg
    microswitch.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 291