Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mirror colour - Phanotm Black

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi guys

Anyone with a Phantom Black VF? Are your Mirrors just black or are they metallic like the car?

Was cleaning mine and just noticed they are not metallic.... looked little odd.

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I got 1.Washed it today n didn't really notice.i'll be back home on Friday,I'll have a look then.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I've got a Phantom VE and its the same thing. Dodgy IMO. No doubt a cost saver by Holden. Mine are also single stage paint i.e no clear coat. :(

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
there just black plastic. pop them off and get them poainted properly if you need.
or get fancy ones in carbon fiber.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Good to hear others are the same, however very cheap Holden! Still love my Calais V though

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
there just black plastic.

Yep but they're painted plastic. Plastic which has been painted black in single stage paint. So if they went to the trouble of painting them, why not go the proper metallic with clear coat like the rest of the car? Go figure.. :(

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Well car is now just over a year old and am noticing the mirrors are starting to fade/change colour from the sun. Got paint protection so will be insisting they get resprayed with the proper colour.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Well still getting the run around with this, not impressed with the dealer. I asked what happens in another 12months, just going to replace them again? Got a blank stare, I want them painted but at my cost.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I don't like your chances at having them pay for painting, regardless of paint protection. If you got the dealership paint protection, it probably hasn't lasted on your paint, let alone on an unpainted substrate that it wasn't designed for. Don't mean to sound cynical. The paint protection warranty will only cover painted surfaces - which is more than enough of a loophole for them to not have to cover it on unpainted plastic.

Don't get me wrong, I think they SHOULD all be painted from factory, but they aren't, which is ****, but there's not much you can do about it. Painting will likely have to come out of your pocket.