Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mirror fold in on lock

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
My MSE has a K40 seat memory module :) Is this module programable by Holden service tools or during module manufacture? Is the same hardware part used in ZB and VF?

i dont know i dont have a mdi programmer maybe tazzi might know.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Thanks @stooge, something for me to now digest :p

My MSE has a K40 seat memory module :) Is this module programable by Holden service tools or during module manufacture? Is the same hardware part used in ZB and VF?

What will you achieve? The VF does not have mirror folding motors.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
What will you achieve? The VF does not have mirror folding motors.
The VF has manual folding mirror housings.

Considering GM has auto folding mirrors within their parts bin, and sold on lots of their US cars/trucks, I'd think it would be really stupid for Holden not to have prepared the VF manual folding mirrors housing with such auto folding feature (A45 RPO?) in mind. Hopefully that's the case but if not, then they don't look hugely different (externally) to that on the GM Escalade (ZB looks quite differnt in shape). As such, a frankenstein job between Escalable and VF mirrors could allow the folding motor side to be sorted (probably easier than the electronics side).

Such is reinforced with the many GM folding mirror upgrade videos I've seen, so it doesn't look impossible. After all it's not like it's rocket science to change mirrors :p

Guess the first step is to check out the mechanical side by getting a used VF mirror and pulling it to bits and comparing to an auto folding Escalade mirror. But i'm in no hurry as my 'dore is under warranty for a while yet ;)

PS: the below video and web link shows folding mirror motor repair for a GM truck, may give those interested a look at one type of folding mirror mechansim as used by GM.

Last edited:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
The VF door mirrors are carry over from VE.
Holden / GM SAIC did infact motorise the VE door mirrors for the Buick Park Avenue (statesman/caprice) that GM Shanghai assembled. Guess what, these motorised mirrors are available to buy through your local Holden Dealer. Cost per each was over $600 retail and employee price discount was a tadhigh for me to justify buying a pair for retro fit, maybe one day.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The VF door mirrors are carry over from VE.
Holden / GM SAIC did infact motorise the VE door mirrors for the Buick Park Avenue (statesman/caprice) that GM Shanghai assembled. Guess what, these motorised mirrors are available to buy through your local Holden Dealer. Cost per each was over $600 retail and employee price discount was a tadhigh for me to justify buying a pair for retro fit, maybe one day.
Thats both a good news bad new scenario. Good news that they are available and bad news that they are so expensive :p

May make it easier to find the component parts to retrofit the ring gear and motor assembly i to existing mirror housings :rolleyes:

Curious if you have the part numbers for mirrors, and part numbers for the mirror electronic modules (I think they are located behind the door trim). And some wiring diagrams for the Buik Park Royal as the may be helpful. A big ask but sounds like you have looked into it so you may have all that info handy :)

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Thread dig...

If you hold the lock or unlock button down for 1 second when you lock/unlock the vehicle the mirrors will fold in and out.

I found that if you hold the unlock button for a few more seconds, the doors unlock, the mirrors fold out AND all the windows open. Holding the lock button does the reverse except it will also close the sunroof if it's open.

That'll teach me to read the manual. It's all in there.