Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mirror fold in on lock

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Hey all,

Just trying to chase up. Is there a way to get the mirrors to fold in on a Calais V when you lock the car rather than holding the button on the key?

Cheers

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
There is a button below the power mirror buttons on the drivers door. It's the right hand one. Press that and the mirrors fold or unfold. Otherwise hold down the remote button for 2 seconds to fold or unfold.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Theres a setting to do it automatically. I turned it off, because it wouldnt automatically put them back into position on startup.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Theres a setting to do it automatically. I turned it off, because it wouldnt automatically put them back into position on startup.
Yes is this a defect in the software? As I would have thought it should open them again on start up.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thread dig...

If you hold the lock or unlock button down for 1 second when you lock/unlock the vehicle the mirrors will fold in and out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thread dig...

If you hold the lock or unlock button down for 1 second when you lock/unlock the vehicle the mirrors will fold in and out.
That‘s odd as many other cars mirrors fold when key fob lock button is pressed once, no need to hold a button down.

Also when the car is unlocked, 99% of the time that because the owner wants to drive somewhere. So is it correct to say that if folded, you can unlock the car by pressing the key fob button once and get in and drive away with the mirrors still folded in? That’s a big s/s safety stuff up if it’s the case.

Does the ZB have some menu setting that allows single button press fold/unfold when locking/unlocking the car?

Lastly and probably more interesting to me is the components involved in the folding mirrors. Does anyone have a circuit diagram with all the interworking bits shown which they can post? Is the fold action controlled by BMC? Is the fold mirror a standard GM part? Has anyone looked at retrofitting the folding mirror feature to VF’s (it’s something I’d like and feel it should have been included)...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
That‘s odd as many other cars mirrors fold when key fob lock button is pressed once, no need to hold a button down.

Also when the car is unlocked, 99% of the time that because the owner wants to drive somewhere. So is it correct to say that if folded, you can unlock the car by pressing the key fob button once and get in and drive away with the mirrors still folded in? That’s a big s/s safety stuff up if it’s the case.

Does the ZB have some menu setting that allows single button press fold/unfold when locking/unlocking the car?

Lastly and probably more interesting to me is the components involved in the folding mirrors. Does anyone have a circuit diagram with all the interworking bits shown which they can post? Is the fold action controlled by BMC? Is the fold mirror a standard GM part? Has anyone looked at retrofitting the folding mirror feature to VF’s (it’s something I’d like and feel it should have been included)...

I would be nice if it folded the mirrors automatically but it is not too bad as you just hold the button a little longer when you lock/unlock

I have not found a menu for it in the rs

The mirrors are controlled by the bcm.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
... I have not found a menu for it in the rs.

The mirrors are controlled by the bcm.
If it’s controlled by BMC it’s probable that the feature has some selectable options that Holden hasn’t yet exposed via the UI. Guess Holden was keeping that as a later model upgrade :p

If that’s the case, the power mirrors would have their own line driver within BMC and not share or piggy backing off the central locking wiring :(

Wonder whether the ZB BMC feature s/w module architecture is the same as or compatible with that in VF. If yes, can we pinch ZB folding mirror code and force it into the VF BMC... ?

(hate locked down computers)

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
If that’s the case, the power mirrors would have their own line driver within BMC and not share or piggy backing off the central locking wiring :(

they seem to be controlled by the seat memory control module...
desc.jpg

desc1.jpg

mplug.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks @stooge, something for me to now digest :p

My MSE has a K40 seat memory module :) Is this module programable by Holden service tools or during module manufacture? Is the same hardware part used in ZB and VF?