Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Misfire

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman sII 5ltr 1995 & VE SS V8 Commodore
My son bought this car on Friday and we cleaned the motor took the seats out as you do gave it a good clean then by Sunday not even driving car wouldn't kick over. Contacted the previous owner he said that it was prop ignition module so I new one was ordered car started no problems but now she misfires and stops in mid drive pls help!! VR 5ltr Statesman 1995

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
that it too a mechanic it will end up cheaper than replacing things as we guess what it might be. Try finding and reading the workshop manual? How many things will a 22 year old car want to pass an honest road worthy why bother in most cases unless you love the car it probably wont end up cheap motoring.

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
that it too a mechanic it will end up cheaper than replacing things as we guess what it might be. Try finding and reading the workshop manual? How many things will a 22 year old car want to pass an honest road worthy why bother in most cases unless you love the car it probably wont end up cheap motoring.
Thanks for the reply. As it had no rego (just ran out) on saturday i registered it, im pissed that he was taken for a ride (he's only 18 with no real idea about cars) the vr is the straightest car ive seen being 22 yrs old. Yes your right best to take to a mechanic i bought a workshop manual omg ign module done then suggests coil pack, dizzy probs the list goes on. Cheers again "the_boozer

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Hi, check the two wires at the coil. There is a push-on connector from ignition and a crimped eyelet that is attached onto the coil with a nut. ( from ign module ).
On my SS the crimp was corroded and the engine would cut out while driving.
I soldered on a new eyelet
to the wire and no problem since.
The coil is in a dam awkward position and is best to relocate to the firewall.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 98252CB8-F348-48B5-953F-5B8F5FB2123E.jpeg
    98252CB8-F348-48B5-953F-5B8F5FB2123E.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 126

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi, check the two wires at the coil. There is a push-on connector from ignition and a crimped eyelet that is attached onto the coil with a nut. ( from ign module ).
On my SS the crimp was corroded and the engine would cut out while driving.
I soldered on a new eyelet
to the wire and no problem since.
The coil is in a dam awkward position and is best to relocate to the firewall.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. Umm the coil has been moved before purchase to firewall infront of passenger side so easy check when i get home. Will update on result :)

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Check/replace the distributor -> coil lead. Had this problem on my new (at the time) VS V8 Calais.

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check/replace the distributor -> coil lead. Had this problem on my new (at the time) VS V8 Calais.
Thanks, did notice the lead was not a tight fit heading out today to purchase a new one fingers x :)

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride