Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Misfiring VZ 6

Diggertpi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU
I have a VZ 6 with 200k on the clock. After hard acceleration (passing a truck for example) the engine misfires until such time as I stop the car and restart the engine. This has happened a dozen times or so over the last few months. Any ideas? TIA

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I have a VZ 6 with 200k on the clock. After hard acceleration (passing a truck for example) the engine misfires until such time as I stop the car and restart the engine. This has happened a dozen times or so over the last few months. Any ideas? TIA
What's the service history ? Have the plugs been replaced in accordance with manufacturers recommendations ? Perhaps something you can do is to carefully check that exposed electrical leads are obviously connected. You could also get a bottle or two of Fuel System Cleaner, I use Moly from Supercheap. https://www.liqui-moly.com.au/products/fuel-system-cleaner-conditioner/ Good luck

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Sounds like a faulty coil.

Diggertpi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU
Thanks one and all. Coil seems to be the consensus - probably due for plugs also.

Cheers

DIgger

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check out MACE (who are a forum sponsor) They do plug and coil packages. Do all at once.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Make sure you gap the plugs before installing them. They should be pretty good but best to check.