Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

misfiring..

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
quick question...
copper gasket or genuine head gasket?
what works beta, ive reard many things but just needing a final apinon and where can i get them from?

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
yep, many tins, roll of masking tape and permant texta.
im use to laberling stuff and rembering as i have to do it at work when striping cars
im pritty sure my Greogory manual has the order in it and the tightness need for the tourqe wreanch and ill get the wreanch of my cosin

yah when my cosins head went on his 5ltr vk i was watching him do the heads (placing them back on), he was tighting on of the heads side and i pointed out he did it the wrong way, like missed a bolt, he said nah it will b fine and just said if i do the opersoite it will b fine,
2weeks later blowen head gasket, i just laughted and told him he should of listend to me,

Blown head gasket again and that means he's got to do it 2 times, 1st time done properly is best:yeah:

Could have called in to ur place today as I was down ur way at my sisters at Morphett Vale..

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
mag said:
Blown head gasket again and that means he's got to do it 2 times, 1st time done properly is best:yeah:

Could have called in to ur place today as I was down ur way at my sisters at Morphett Vale..
yah thats my theior, do it once do it right
he was lucky he spent 500 bucks on those heads, and they didnt stuff up just the gasket or would of been good buy to the reco, machined and bigger valves and strong springs in it.then he spent 4 k on the motor and full rebuilt it, only to still keep even with me in a drag:dance: but now he spent 1700 on a 4pinion vl turbo lsd with 28spline axels and 3:45 gears i think he will take me:bang: dam wish i was working full time, my time will come soon

ahh shuckz could off stoped by and checkd on my car and fitted a 304I in there to solve the head prob, o well

lets hope my head dosnt **** its self 2morrow or the next ten days, got trade school at croyden. it will be a fair way to push my car home

NOTE TO SELF: fill as many 2ltr botles with disstiled water as possible,

GMHVLCT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
VL Berlina 5speed said:
quick question...
copper gasket or genuine head gasket?
what works beta, ive reard many things but just needing a final apinon and where can i get them from?

get a genuine nissan head gasket

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
yah thats my theior, do it once do it right
he was lucky he spent 500 bucks on those heads, and they didnt stuff up just the gasket or would of been good buy to the reco, machined and bigger valves and strong springs in it.then he spent 4 k on the motor and full rebuilt it, only to still keep even with me in a drag:dance: but now he spent 1700 on a 4pinion vl turbo lsd with 28spline axels and 3:45 gears i think he will take me:bang: dam wish i was working full time, my time will come soon

ahh shuckz could off stoped by and checkd on my car and fitted a 304I in there to solve the head prob, o well

lets hope my head dosnt **** its self 2morrow or the next ten days, got trade school at croyden. it will be a fair way to push my car home

NOTE TO SELF: fill as many 2ltr botles with disstiled water as possible,

Don't forget u can chuck in a bottle of Chemi-Weld till u can get up enough $$$$$...;)

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well i got a radiator cube thing in the cuboard, taht stops leaks, would this do anything to the crack in the head or if its a gasket
should i chuck that in in the morning before i leave and how long would that last you reckon

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
well i got a radiator cube thing in the cuboard, taht stops leaks, would this do anything to the crack in the head or if its a gasket
should i chuck that in in the morning before i leave and how long would that last you reckon

These are all temp measures, some long enough to get u home, some 4 a month or 2 or even longer and all depends on how big the hole/crack and where...:thumbsup: